Messaging App Error

Hello,
My colleagues and I have been receiving, on and off, this error message when we try to access our Messages within DHIS2. Anyone else having this problem?

3 Likes

Hi @Hesel_Kate,
Did you add check Messaging App box in userroles?
Otherwise please explain what you mean by “on and off” and share DHIS2 version and build you are using.

Thank you,
Emma.

3 Likes

Hi Emma,
By “on and off” i mean that sometimes I can access the messages with no problem, and then a few minutes later when accessing again I’ll get the error message. Same thing w/ my colleagues.

We are all super users or system administrators so have the role.

Version: 2.30
Build revision: f285aad
Build date: 2018-12-20 02:06

3 Likes

Hi Kate

Something similar to this has been reported on JIRA. It is a problem with the “Envelope” icon and not with the messaging app. I would assume that you can enter messaging via the “Search apps” bar, but not via the Envelope Icon.

DHIS2-5343
DHIS2-5312

3 Likes

Hello Terence and Hesel,

Is this bug solved or still we have to go with the workaround? I am also facing the same issue but as Terence suggested Messaging app is a workaround.
I am having this issue with
Verion: 2.30
Build revision: 5bcde80
Build Date: 2019-05-31 02:06

2 Likes

Hi @Neeraj_Gupta,

I’m also tracking the same on Jira - DHIS2-5312 and will update the team once it’s resolved.

Best,
James.

1 Like

Hi everyone,
This has been fixed in the 2.30 now, from revision 2c60709 (Build time: 2019-06-04T02:06:12.000) and onwards.

See Jira issue DHIS2-5312 for more information.

1 Like