Losing data on same program enrollment

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a way to enroll a tracked entity instance into the same program multiple times without losing the values of the attributes on the old enrollments. Right now, if I enroll a tracked entity into a program, all the attributes of older enrollments of that program get replaced by the new values.

Thanks!

Hi,

Yes there is. Each enrollment and associated data is unique - there is no overwriting. To enroll a TEI multiple times in a program, you first need to either complete or terminate (in your case complete) previous enrollments. I know we have focused only with the “Active” enrollment and haven’t provided proper interface to deal with historical enrollment data.

Tell us more about your use case - what do you do with previous enrollments? how do you want the data to be displayed - in report? do you want to edit previous enrollment data?

···

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 1:07 PM, Blai Samitier blaisami@hotmail.com wrote:

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a way to enroll a tracked entity instance into the same program multiple times without losing the values of the attributes on the old enrollments. Right now, if I enroll a tracked entity into a program, all the attributes of older enrollments of that program get replaced by the new values.

Thanks!

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Thank you,

Abyot.

Hello,

Thank you for the fast answer! We want to use the programs to keep track of the infrastructural state of a building. Each enrollment on the program will be a new infrastructure analysis, but we want to still be able to access older enrollments to view the progression. We will not modify old enrollments, we only want to access them.

We are doing this from an external APP via the web API. The idea was to have a "Multiple event with registration" program and, everytime someone make a new analysis, we enroll the TEI again into that program, fill the data and complete it. Then show a list with all the enrollments of that TEI, showing their information when selected.
Thanks!

Seems you have an interesting use case. It is nice to see DHIS2 being used in other areas - keep up the good work and let us know if there is anything to guide you.

Coming to your question: if you are doing things from external/custom app, then you have everything you need. See the following URLs

···
  1. api/enrollments.json?trackedEntityInstance=TEI_UID - gives you all available enrollments for the specified TEI (TEI_UID)

2. api/enrollments.json?trackedEntityInstance=TEI_UID&program=PR_UID - gives you all available enrollments of the TEI in the specified program (PR_UID)

3. api/enrollments.json?trackedEntityInstance=TEI_UID&program=PR_UID&status=ACTIVE - gives you only those active enrollments for the selected TEI and program

4. api/events.json?trackedEntityInstance=TEI_UID&program=ur1Edk5Oe2n - gives you data for all the enrollments

5. api/events.json?trackedEntityInstance=TEI_UID&program=ur1Edk5Oe2n&programStatus=ACTIVE - gives you data only for active enrollment

also take a look to the documentation for more filtering and other issues regarding the web-api.

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 12:53 PM, Blai Samitier blaisami@hotmail.com wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for the fast answer! We want to use the programs to keep track of the infrastructural state of a building. Each enrollment on the program will be a new infrastructure analysis, but we want to still be able to access older enrollments to view the progression. We will not modify old enrollments, we only want to access them.

We are doing this from an external APP via the web API. The idea was to have a “Multiple event with registration” program and, everytime someone make a new analysis, we enroll the TEI again into that program, fill the data and complete it. Then show a list with all the enrollments of that TEI, showing their information when selected.

Thanks!

Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 13:40:07 +0100
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-users] Losing data on same program enrollment
To: blaisami@hotmail.com
CC: dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Hi,

Yes there is. Each enrollment and associated data is unique - there is no overwriting. To enroll a TEI multiple times in a program, you first need to either complete or terminate (in your case complete) previous enrollments. I know we have focused only with the “Active” enrollment and haven’t provided proper interface to deal with historical enrollment data.

Tell us more about your use case - what do you do with previous enrollments? how do you want the data to be displayed - in report? do you want to edit previous enrollment data?

Thank you,

Abyot.

Hello,

Thanks!

Thank you,

Abyot.

Thank you that was really helpful!

Hello Blai,

Someone in our team mentioned me that your question was actually about attributes, sorry I missed that part. Unfortunately, attribute values are not unique per enrollment. Data element values are unique as I tried to explain in my previous mail. You can have the uniqueness you wanted by going the data elements way, unless there is a particular reason for using attributes.

···

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 8:01 PM, Blai Samitier blaisami@hotmail.com wrote:

Thank you that was really helpful!

Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 13:26:04 +0100

Seems you have an interesting use case. It is nice to see DHIS2 being used in other areas - keep up the good work and let us know if there is anything to guide you.

Coming to your question: if you are doing things from external/custom app, then you have everything you need. See the following URLs

1. api/enrollments.json?trackedEntityInstance=TEI_UID - gives you all available enrollments for the specified TEI (TEI_UID)
  1. api/enrollments.json?trackedEntityInstance=TEI_UID&program=PR_UID - gives you all available enrollments of the TEI in the specified program (PR_UID)
  1. api/enrollments.json?trackedEntityInstance=TEI_UID&program=PR_UID&status=ACTIVE - gives you only those active enrollments for the selected TEI and program
  1. api/events.json?trackedEntityInstance=TEI_UID&program=ur1Edk5Oe2n - gives you data for all the enrollments
  1. api/events.json?trackedEntityInstance=TEI_UID&program=ur1Edk5Oe2n&programStatus=ACTIVE - gives you data only for active enrollment

also take a look to the documentation for more filtering and other issues regarding the web-api.

Thank you,

Abyot.

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 12:53 PM, Blai Samitier blaisami@hotmail.com wrote:

Hello,

We are doing this from an external APP via the web API. The idea was to have a “Multiple event with registration” program and, everytime someone make a new analysis, we enroll the TEI again into that program, fill the data and complete it. Then show a list with all the enrollments of that TEI, showing their information when selected.

Thanks!

Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 13:40:07 +0100

Hi,

Thank you,

Abyot.

Hello,

Thanks!

Thank you,

Abyot.

Hello,
Yes, as soon as you mentioned the events I understood I was wrong about the Attributes and I started using the data elements. The only reason I was using Attributes was that were easier to obtain via web API.

Thanks again!