latitude and longitude quirk

Never noticed this before ... when we serialize the coordinates of a
point like this [30.02538,-2.18537] we interpret this as <long>,<lat>.
This seems odd. I think the convention is <lat>,<long>

I think this is the default on GML 2.1, WKT and WKB formats, so this
probably explains it. ogr2ogr will by default export long/lat instead
of lat/long.

···

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 10:42 PM, Bob Jolliffe <bobjolliffe@gmail.com> wrote:

Never noticed this before ... when we serialize the coordinates of a
point like this [30.02538,-2.18537] we interpret this as <long>,<lat>.
This seems odd. I think the convention is <lat>,<long>

_______________________________________________
Mailing list: DHIS 2 developers in Launchpad
Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net
Unsubscribe : DHIS 2 developers in Launchpad
More help : ListHelp - Launchpad Help

And geojson also, which is what we are using this for.

http://wiki.geojson.org/GeoJSON_draft_version_5

···

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 9:07 AM, Jason Pickering <jason.p.pickering@gmail.com> wrote:

I think this is the default on GML 2.1, WKT and WKB formats, so this
probably explains it. ogr2ogr will by default export long/lat instead
of lat/long.

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 10:42 PM, Bob Jolliffe <bobjolliffe@gmail.com> wrote:

Never noticed this before ... when we serialize the coordinates of a
point like this [30.02538,-2.18537] we interpret this as <long>,<lat>.
This seems odd. I think the convention is <lat>,<long>

_______________________________________________
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs
Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

_______________________________________________
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs
Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

--
Knut Staring
Dept. of Informatics, University of Oslo
+4791880522
http://dhis2.org

In conventional math the order is (x, y, z) and most GIS tools and frameworks use the same order, afaik. Including geojson/openlayers.

···

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 9:11 AM, Knut Staring knutst@gmail.com wrote:

And geojson also, which is what we are using this for.

http://wiki.geojson.org/GeoJSON_draft_version_5

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 9:07 AM, Jason Pickering > > jason.p.pickering@gmail.com wrote:

I think this is the default on GML 2.1, WKT and WKB formats, so this

probably explains it. ogr2ogr will by default export long/lat instead

of lat/long.

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 10:42 PM, Bob Jolliffe bobjolliffe@gmail.com wrote:

Never noticed this before … when we serialize the coordinates of a

point like this [30.02538,-2.18537] we interpret this as ,.

This seems odd. I think the convention is ,


Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp


Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Knut Staring

Dept. of Informatics, University of Oslo

+4791880522

http://dhis2.org


Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

sorry you are right :slight_smile: Looking too late at night. long,lat is the
normal convention.

···

On 25 September 2012 09:30, Jan Henrik Øverland <janhenrik.overland@gmail.com> wrote:

In conventional math the order is (x, y, z) and most GIS tools and
frameworks use the same order, afaik. Including geojson/openlayers.

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 9:11 AM, Knut Staring <knutst@gmail.com> wrote:

And geojson also, which is what we are using this for.

http://wiki.geojson.org/GeoJSON_draft_version_5

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 9:07 AM, Jason Pickering >> <jason.p.pickering@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think this is the default on GML 2.1, WKT and WKB formats, so this
> probably explains it. ogr2ogr will by default export long/lat instead
> of lat/long.
>
> On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 10:42 PM, Bob Jolliffe <bobjolliffe@gmail.com> >> > wrote:
>> Never noticed this before ... when we serialize the coordinates of a
>> point like this [30.02538,-2.18537] we interpret this as <long>,<lat>.
>> This seems odd. I think the convention is <lat>,<long>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs
>> Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net
>> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs
>> More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs
> Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs
> More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

--
Knut Staring
Dept. of Informatics, University of Oslo
+4791880522
http://dhis2.org

_______________________________________________
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs
Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

_______________________________________________
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs
Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

How to avoid java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

I run Tomcat 7,

Java version:
1.7.0_05
Java vendor:
Oracle Corporation

You can set JAVA_OPTS environment variable to something like:

-Xmx512m -Xms256m -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m

-XX:NewSize=128m

these values may increase/decrease depending on your available RAM.

···

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 7:47 PM, Juma Lungo jlungo@yahoo.com wrote:

How to avoid java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

I run Tomcat 7,

Java version:
1.7.0_05
Java vendor:
Oracle Corporation


Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Hi all

In migration DHSI2 v2.9 from Linux to Windows, all report tables are not working.

any known issue

Lungo

It was due to browser compatibility.

Lungo

···

From: Juma Lungo jlungo@yahoo.com
To: dhis2-devs
dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net
Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2012 12:31 PM
Subject: Report Tables Exception Errors

Hi all

In migration DHSI2 v2.9 from Linux to Windows, all report tables are not working.

any known issue

Lungo