Issue with updating Dataelement names through Postgress backend

Flailing in the dark…Lars has led us into the light.

···

Sent from my HTC

----- Reply message -----
From: “Lars Helge Øverland” larshelge@gmail.com
Date: Sun, Apr 10, 2011 13:20
Subject: [Dhis2-users] Issue with updating Dataelement names through Postgress backend
To: “Knut Staring” knutst@gmail.com
Cc: “dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.netdhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

I know facts ruin a good discussion but the problem here is the database
translations:) You will have to update the corresponding value in the table
called “translation” or simply truncate the table and restart the
application.

Lars

Indeed. Should have thought of that. Is it documentes somewhere?

Regards, Knut (via mobile phone)

···

On Apr 10, 2011 7:24 PM, "jason.p.pickering@gmail.com" jason.p.pickering@gmail.com wrote:

Thanks to all for your help. Now I have a different issue. I can’t create or edit any of my charts. I can run them though.

For you Sunday DHIS community members, here is the error I get:

[+] Exception (org.hibernate.InstantiationException): Cannot instantiate abstract class or interface: org.hisp.dhis.source.Source

I’ve installed the most recent jar file downloaded today.

Randy

···

From: dhis2-users-bounces+rwilson=msh.org@lists.launchpad.net [mailto:dhis2-users-bounces+rwilson=msh.org@lists.launchpad.net] On Behalf Of Knut Staring
Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2011 3:15 PM
To: jason.p.pickering@gmail.com
Cc: dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-users] Issue with updating Dataelement names through Postgress backend

Indeed. Should have thought of that. Is it documentes somewhere?
Regards, Knut (via mobile phone)

On Apr 10, 2011 7:24 PM, "jason.p.pickering@gmail.com" jason.p.pickering@gmail.com wrote:

Have you messed with the orgunit table?

Run

SELECT * FROM source where sourceid not in (SELECT DISTINCT
organisationunitid from organisationunit)

If you get any rows your source table is out of sync, and you need to
delete the offending IDs.

Check the list serv archives. You will find my name on a similar error
from a while back. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Jason

···

On 4/10/11, Wilson,Randy <rwilson@msh.org> wrote:

Thanks to all for your help. Now I have a different issue. I can’t create
or edit any of my charts. I can run them though.

For you Sunday DHIS community members, here is the error I get:
[+]<javascript:toggle(%200%20)> Exception
(org.hibernate.InstantiationException): Cannot instantiate abstract class or
interface: org.hisp.dhis.source.Source
I’ve installed the most recent jar file downloaded today.

Randy

From: dhis2-users-bounces+rwilson=msh.org@lists.launchpad.net
[mailto:dhis2-users-bounces+rwilson=msh.org@lists.launchpad.net] On Behalf
Of Knut Staring
Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2011 3:15 PM
To: jason.p.pickering@gmail.com
Cc: dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-users] Issue with updating Dataelement names through
Postgress backend

Indeed. Should have thought of that. Is it documentes somewhere?
Regards, Knut (via mobile phone)
On Apr 10, 2011 7:24 PM, > "jason.p.pickering@gmail.com<mailto:jason.p.pickering@gmail.com>" > <jason.p.pickering@gmail.com<mailto:jason.p.pickering@gmail.com>> wrote:

--
Jason P. Pickering
email: jason.p.pickering@gmail.com
tel:+260974901293

Thanks Jason,

This did the trick - I had one facility that I couldn't import because it was missing a parentID code, yet I forgot to delete it before I updated the source table.

Where do I go to find the listserver archive. I don't think I have the link. Sounds like a good place to check for things first.

Randy

···

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Pickering [mailto:jason.p.pickering@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2011 8:42 PM
To: Wilson,Randy
Cc: Knut Staring; dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-users] Issue with updating Dataelement names through Postgress backend

Have you messed with the orgunit table?

Run

SELECT * FROM source where sourceid not in (SELECT DISTINCT
organisationunitid from organisationunit)

If you get any rows your source table is out of sync, and you need to
delete the offending IDs.

Check the list serv archives. You will find my name on a similar error
from a while back. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Jason

On 4/10/11, Wilson,Randy <rwilson@msh.org> wrote:

Thanks to all for your help. Now I have a different issue. I can't create
or edit any of my charts. I can run them though.

For you Sunday DHIS community members, here is the error I get:
[+]<javascript:toggle(%200%20)> Exception
(org.hibernate.InstantiationException): Cannot instantiate abstract class or
interface: org.hisp.dhis.source.Source
I've installed the most recent jar file downloaded today.

Randy

From: dhis2-users-bounces+rwilson=msh.org@lists.launchpad.net
[mailto:dhis2-users-bounces+rwilson=msh.org@lists.launchpad.net] On Behalf
Of Knut Staring
Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2011 3:15 PM
To: jason.p.pickering@gmail.com
Cc: dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-users] Issue with updating Dataelement names through
Postgress backend

Indeed. Should have thought of that. Is it documentes somewhere?
Regards, Knut (via mobile phone)
On Apr 10, 2011 7:24 PM, > "jason.p.pickering@gmail.com<mailto:jason.p.pickering@gmail.com>" > <jason.p.pickering@gmail.com<mailto:jason.p.pickering@gmail.com>> wrote:

--
Jason P. Pickering
email: jason.p.pickering@gmail.com
tel:+260974901293

Hi Randy. Glad it worked.

Here is the info from a while back on searching the dev and user list archives.

http://www.mail-archive.com/dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net/msg07825.html

Regards,
Jason

···

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 10:19 AM, Wilson,Randy <rwilson@msh.org> wrote:

Thanks Jason,

This did the trick - I had one facility that I couldn't import because it was missing a parentID code, yet I forgot to delete it before I updated the source table.

Where do I go to find the listserver archive. I don't think I have the link. Sounds like a good place to check for things first.

Randy

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Pickering [mailto:jason.p.pickering@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2011 8:42 PM
To: Wilson,Randy
Cc: Knut Staring; dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-users] Issue with updating Dataelement names through Postgress backend

Have you messed with the orgunit table?

Run

SELECT * FROM source where sourceid not in (SELECT DISTINCT
organisationunitid from organisationunit)

If you get any rows your source table is out of sync, and you need to
delete the offending IDs.

Check the list serv archives. You will find my name on a similar error
from a while back. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Jason

On 4/10/11, Wilson,Randy <rwilson@msh.org> wrote:

Thanks to all for your help. Now I have a different issue. I can't create
or edit any of my charts. I can run them though.

For you Sunday DHIS community members, here is the error I get:
[+]<javascript:toggle(%200%20)> Exception
(org.hibernate.InstantiationException): Cannot instantiate abstract class or
interface: org.hisp.dhis.source.Source
I've installed the most recent jar file downloaded today.

Randy

From: dhis2-users-bounces+rwilson=msh.org@lists.launchpad.net
[mailto:dhis2-users-bounces+rwilson=msh.org@lists.launchpad.net] On Behalf
Of Knut Staring
Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2011 3:15 PM
To: jason.p.pickering@gmail.com
Cc: dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-users] Issue with updating Dataelement names through
Postgress backend

Indeed. Should have thought of that. Is it documentes somewhere?
Regards, Knut (via mobile phone)
On Apr 10, 2011 7:24 PM, >> "jason.p.pickering@gmail.com<mailto:jason.p.pickering@gmail.com>" >> <jason.p.pickering@gmail.com<mailto:jason.p.pickering@gmail.com>> wrote:

--
Jason P. Pickering
email: jason.p.pickering@gmail.com
tel:+260974901293

--
Jason P. Pickering
email: jason.p.pickering@gmail.com
tel:+260974901293

For the record we will remove the source object/table in the next release as its not really needed and leads to the by far most reported issue.