Issue with empty analytics for certain data elements after upgrade to 2.26

As mentioned a few times in this forum, we recently upgraded a national level installation from 2.16 to 2.26 and have had a few minor issues that we have managed to resolve easily. One issue that I’m struggling a little with is certain data elements are no longer being aggregated and included in the analytics table. A look at the analytics log doesn’t appear to yield any clues. It appears the issue is with a particular group of elements – all Lab tests (though there are over 1000 elements in total so I haven’t confirmed all).

The element structure seems good. There are no aggregation levels selected at the bottom of the element config page – this is as it was prior to the upgrade and other elements with the same configuration are working, so I assume this isn’t related to the issue.

I’m about to do some low level comparisons at the table level to see if there’s anything obviously amiss though as you probably know, this could be difficult given structural changes at the table level.

I have two main questions

···
  1. Is there something obvious I am missing and should be checking first

2. For general troubleshooting, what would others suggest?

Thanks!

Just bumping this in case anyone has insight.

After closer inspection, it seems there are approximately 426 of 674 data elements not being included in the analytics table after an apparently successful analytics run. The data appears in the data tables and in the UI via the forms and looks fine but does not end up in the Analytics tables. My next step is to begin with the 2.16 version DB and upgrade step at a time, run analytics and check the output until I find out which step the issue first shows up at.

Regards

Ed

···

From: Dhis2-users [mailto:dhis2-users-bounces+erobinson=projectbalance.com@lists.launchpad.net] On Behalf Of Edward Robinson

Sent: Friday, 13 October 2017 2:17 PM

To: DHIS 2 Users list dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Subject: [Dhis2-users] Issue with empty analytics for certain data elements after upgrade to 2.26

As mentioned a few times in this forum, we recently upgraded a national level installation from 2.16 to 2.26 and have had a few minor issues that we have managed to resolve easily. One issue that I’m struggling a little with is certain data elements are no longer being aggregated and included in the analytics table. A look at the analytics log doesn’t appear to yield any clues. It appears the issue is with a particular group of elements – all Lab tests (though there are over 1000 elements in total so I haven’t confirmed all).

The element structure seems good. There are no aggregation levels selected at the bottom of the element config page – this is as it was prior to the upgrade and other elements with the same configuration are working, so I assume this isn’t related to the issue.

I’m about to do some low level comparisons at the table level to see if there’s anything obviously amiss though as you probably know, this could be difficult given structural changes at the table level.

Thanks!

Hi Robinson,

From data administration,go maintainance and clear analytics. Then re-run after running the resource tables. I might help.

Alex

···

On Monday, October 16, 2017, Edward Robinson erobinson@projectbalance.com wrote:

After closer inspection, it seems there are approximately 426 of 674 data elements not being included in the analytics table after an apparently successful analytics run. The data appears in the data tables and in the UI via the forms and looks fine but does not end up in the Analytics tables. My next step is to begin with the 2.16 version DB and upgrade step at a time, run analytics and check the output until I find out which step the issue first shows up at.

Regards

Ed

From: Dhis2-users [mailto:dhis2-users-bounces+erobinson=projectbalance.com@lists.launchpad.net] On Behalf Of Edward Robinson

Subject: [Dhis2-users] Issue with empty analytics for certain data elements after upgrade to 2.26

Thanks!

Alex Tumwesigye

Technical Advisor - DHIS2 (Consultant),
Ministry of Health/AFENET | HISP Uganda

Kampala

Uganda
+256 774149 775, + 256 759 800161

Skype ID: talexie

IT Consultant (Servers, Networks and Security, Health Information Systems - DHIS2, Disease Outbreak & Surveillance Systems) & Solar Consultant

"I don’t want to be anything other than what I have been - one tree hill "

Hi Alex, thanks for the response. I had cleared analytics (data administration → maintenance) and re-generated analytics (reports->analytics->start export).

Unfortunately the results are no different.

I assume the default behaviour of generating analytics tables takes care of the resource tables as well.

Regards

Ed

···

From data administration,go maintainance and clear analytics. Then re-run after running the resource tables. I might help.

Alex

On Monday, October 16, 2017, Edward Robinson erobinson@projectbalance.com wrote:

Regards

Ed

1. For general troubleshooting, what would others suggest?

Thanks!

Alex Tumwesigye

Technical Advisor - DHIS2 (Consultant),

Ministry of Health/AFENET | HISP Uganda

Kampala

Uganda

+256 774149 775, + 256 759 800161

Skype ID: talexie

IT Consultant (Servers, Networks and Security, Health Information Systems - DHIS2, Disease Outbreak & Surveillance Systems) & Solar Consultant

"I don’t want to be anything other than what I have been - one tree hill "