Is Cache Statistics Working Correctly ??

Today, I looked at the cache statistics feature. When we press the clear cache button, the cache size seems to increase. The total query cache and the secondary cache level also increases in size.

I thought this was something not working in the UI, but when I looked into MySQL the values are the same. Infact, I changed the query cache variables in MySQL

(show variables like ‘query%’:wink: and it didn’t show any difference in the Cache Statistics UI within DHIS. Is this functionality working as expected or still a work-in-progress??

···

Regards,

Saptarshi PURKAYASTHA
Director R & D, HISP India
Health Information Systems Programme

My Tech Blog: http://sunnytalkstech.blogspot.com
You Live by CHOICE, Not by CHANCE

Hi,

MySQL caching has nothing to do with Hibernate caching.

The cache is cleared. As far as I know, Hibernate keeps track of the hit/miss/put count which is what you see increasing.

You can verify this by turning sql logging on in hibernate. Select eg. all data elements and see sql being produced, select it again and no output is produced. Then clear the cache and sql is being produced again.

Lars

···

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 10:20 AM, Saptarshi Purkayastha sunbiz@gmail.com wrote:

Today, I looked at the cache statistics feature. When we press the clear cache button, the cache size seems to increase. The total query cache and the secondary cache level also increases in size.

I thought this was something not working in the UI, but when I looked into MySQL the values are the same. Infact, I changed the query cache variables in MySQL

(show variables like ‘query%’:wink: and it didn’t show any difference in the Cache Statistics UI within DHIS. Is this functionality working as expected or still a work-in-progress??