How to generate program indicator in tracker capture based on date element

Hi,

I have created date element such as expected date of viral load in tracker capture. This element accepts data in date format for example 2018-11-2 using calendar. I want to create program indicator such as “Number of people eligible for viral load”. Please suggest how to generate this program indicator in version 2.29.

Thanks,
Pradeep

1 Like

Hey Pradeep - it would be great with some more details on what you expect the indicator to count. Please supply a real-life example, with the starting point of a reporting period, say January 2018. What would you like to count in this reporting period? I could venture a guess that you want to count all the people who’s viral load date would fall after the start of January 2018, and before the end of January 2018?

1 Like

Thank you Markus for the support. Yes, your guess is write. I want to see number people who’s viral load date fall within that period like you said.

2 Likes

Ok - thanks. Unfortunately the full support for this came in 2.30, with “Custom period boundaries”:
https://docs.dhis2.org/master/en/user/html/configure_program_indicator.html#about_program_indicators

With a custom bounday target you can make a report that only included events which has the viral load date falling after the start of the reporting period, and before the end of the reporting period. That translates to these two boundaries:

Boundary target: custom - #{A03MvHHogjR.a3kGcGDCuk6}
Analytics period boundary type: After start of reporting period
Boundary target: custom - #{A03MvHHogjR.a3kGcGDCuk6}
Analytics period boundary type: Before end of reporting period
1 Like

Thank you for the support and guidance.

Regards,

Pradeep

2 Likes

Follow up - if I want a program indicator that counts all the times a certain data element in a program STAGE is yes, where the stage occurred from Oct 1 2018 to the present, would I use this feature (custom period boundaries)? Do I need to use 2.30 or can it be done in 2.29? Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi Natalie,

If you have the event date as the date the stage occurred, then I think for this you could use boundary target : ‘event date’ with period type ‘daily’ and boundary type ‘after start of reporting period’ and remove the end boundary to calculate all cases up to present.
You can filter out true values of the particular data element of interest.
Aggregation type: count, analytics type: event, expression would be : V{event_count}

2 Likes