Help with creating spreadsheets ready for uploading to DHIS2

I think it is good to send this thread to developer list so that people can learn and help

···

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 7:20 AM, Alvin B. Marcelo alvin.marcelo@gmail.com wrote:

More importantly, how do we expose the DXF format so we can distribute this to 3rd party applications? How can 3rd party EMRs submit data to this dhis2 form?

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld

Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 20:24:09 +0800

To: Kim-Anh Vocatakim@gmail.com

Cc: alvin.marcelo@gmail.com; Thuy Nguyenthuy.hispvietnam@gmail.com

Subject: Re: Help with creating spreadsheets ready for uploading to DHIS2

Hello Everyone,

I just finished creating the data set for PCB Provider Clientele Profile (PCB Form A2). But I do not know how to manage the appearance of the fields. It seems that DHIS2 automatically sets them according to clusters (of categories). Is this fine? Or how can I probably make it appear more aesthetically appealing to users?

Thanks,

John

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 2:47 PM, John Francis Jr Faustorilla jfaustorilla@gmail.com wrote:

Hello Kim-Anh,

I just checked now and it is working fine. I will try to send any updates on my progress and if I encounter any problem.

Thanks,

John

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 2:36 PM, Kim-Anh Vo catakim@gmail.com wrote:

Hello,

How’s it going now?

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 1:49 PM, Alvin B. Marcelo alvin.marcelo@gmail.com wrote:

We’ll have to wait for Knut to wake up. I’m setting up our own server so Knut need not be disturbed …

Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 13:14:26 +0700

To: John Francis Jr Faustorillajfaustorilla@gmail.com

Cc: alvin.marcelo@gmail.com; Kim Anh Vocatakim@gmail.com

yes, I logged in, and see data elements are available, then I replied to your mail and can’t do anything else.

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 12:56 PM, John Francis Jr Faustorilla jfaustorilla@gmail.com wrote:

maybe sir. I am not sure what happened too.

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 1:42 PM, Alvin B. Marcelo alvin.marcelo@gmail.com wrote:

Ah, so the server shutdown again after Thuy was able to access it?

Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 12:33:28 +0800

To: Thuy Nguyenthuy.hispvietnam@gmail.com

Cc: Alvin Marceloalvin.marcelo@gmail.com; Kim Anh Vocatakim@gmail.com

I do not manage the server. I think the one who manages the server is asleep, so I am not sure what happened.

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Thuy Nguyen thuy.hispvietnam@gmail.com wrote:

Me too. Do you manage the server? you try to see if internet is connected to the server, or somebody stopped tomcat.

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 11:24 AM, John Francis Jr Faustorilla jfaustorilla@gmail.com wrote:

It seems like I cant access the site now. :frowning:

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 12:06 PM, Thuy Nguyen thuy.hispvietnam@gmail.com wrote:

I think you mean next steps are 4, and 5 as mentioned in Kim’s email.
4. Create the .xls file for the reports (you sent)

1. Use “Spreadsheet Reports” (Under “Services”) to create an export report(Administration >> Design export reports >> …) with the templates from the .xls you created (step 4)

4th step is your report file in .xls format.

The 5th step may be listed details as bellow

• Go to Service > Spreadsheet Reporting module > Administration > Design import reports
  • Add new import report > name > report type: normal > period type : the period which you set for the datasets you created to import data
  • On the import report created, click on the Import item button >
  • Add new import item >
  • fill the name >
  • expression : select the data element group >select on data element > double click on the category option > the expression like [dataelementid.categoryoptioncomboid] will be filled in the formular text field> click ok
  • sheet no: put the sheet no sequence in your xls file. usually it is 1. if you have 2 sheets to import you will set this one 1 or 2 depend on where the data values are.
  • Row and column of data value which is on the .xls file. If the cell is B12 mean row is 12, column is 2; if the cell of data value is D2 mean : row is 2, column is 4
  • Continue above steps until you finish all the import items (relate to data elements you want to get from the excel file)
  • Navigate to import reports page again > on the import report, click the association button > select the organisation unit which will be import data value. example if the values are entered from A hospital, then in this import report also assign to A hosptal > Click Save
  • In the left menu, under Generating report > select Import data > Select org unit > Select the excel file which contain data value > click upload > select Import report > select period > click Preview button > select which data value you want to import or click select al to import all > Click Import data.

Now you can check the data values are in the database> to check in interface you can see in the dataset or view in generate Report table under Reporting module.

You try those steps, if stuck somewhere I will continue guide you.

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 10:44 AM, Thuy Nguyen thuy.hispvietnam@gmail.com wrote:

Hi John,
I logged in on it, I see it is working now, the data element list is showing dataelements when add and editing dataset.

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 8:47 AM, John Francis Jr Faustorilla jfaustorilla@gmail.com wrote:

Hello Thuy,

Tomcat was restarted but it did not resolve the problem. Please advise on what next steps need to be done.

John

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 5:17 PM, Thuy Nguyen thuy.hispvietnam@gmail.com wrote:

I tried and see the same, I am not sure what had happened. You may do the same action and have a look at tomcat log, or copy it to me. Or you may try to restart tomcat and see if the problem is still there.

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 3:45 PM, John Francis Jr Faustorilla jfaustorilla@gmail.com wrote:

Hello Thuy,

The data elements’ domain type that I created are all set in aggregation. I was previously able to add them up. But since yesterday, I had this issue of not seeing the data elements when creating a new data set / data element group. I also noticed this happened after I deleted some data elements that I created, but were not part of the data set. Could something be wrong?

John

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 4:37 PM, Thuy Nguyen thuy.hispvietnam@gmail.com wrote:

Dear John,
Can you check your data elements by editing one of them whether the domain type is aggregation or patient. Only aggregation data elements will be available when creating dataset, and patient data element will be available when creating program in tracking module.

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 3:05 PM, John Francis Jr Faustorilla jfaustorilla@gmail.com wrote:

Hello Kim-Anh,

I still cannot add data elements to data sets because they do not show up in the “available data elements” box when I add a new data set. Can you help me with this?

Thanks,

John

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 4:42 PM, John Francis Jr Faustorilla jfaustorilla@gmail.com wrote:

Hello Kim-Anh,

Thank you for this. I’ll try to see what I can do with steps 1 and 2. I’ll try to ask if I seem to get lost with the next steps. :slight_smile:

Thanks,

John

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 4:38 PM, Kim-Anh Vo catakim@gmail.com wrote:

Hi John,

I’ve just analyzed and marked the input cells for data-elements creating… and so on of the first 3-4 steps.

Although it’d have a better (based on DHIS2 concepts for data-elements with categories, etc.), for spreadsheet module with the reports of multiple data-elements types it’d be complicated. So, just creating the data-elements as checked (red ones).

Btw, for the report in the “img003–.jpg” the list of the top 10 common illness (morbidity) THIS IS NOT YET AVAILABLE with the spreadsheet module.

Hope it would help :slight_smile:

(I just do send back these templates based on the email-list of John sent out)

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 8:48 PM, Alvin Marcelo alvin.marcelo@gmail.com wrote:

John,

Pls do steps 1-4 tomorrow morning then lets setup a Gotomeeting with Kimanh in the afternoon to get the other steps…

On Monday, June 25, 2012, Alvin Marcelo wrote:

Dear Kimanh,

Thanks for the help. Yes I do have a deadline. I was hoping you can assist John and am willing to compensate you for your time. Can you put a price to steps 1 to 7 below? I need these into Knut’s environment. Then I need help migrating that DHIS2 (from Knut’s) to our virtual machine environment.

Is HISP Vietnam ready to provide root support down to OS or only install, configure, retore of DHIS2? Pls adviswe…

On Monday, June 25, 2012, Kim-Anh Vo wrote:

Hi John and all,

After having a look at the current sys. (data-sets…) there is no data-element yet!

Here are the steps you should get started:

1. Create the data-elements (the data in which you wanna data collected)
  1. Create the data-element groups to group the data-elements (facilitating for later use)
  1. Create a dataset (input form - list of data-elements for entries) [if not input from DHIS2 with data-entry module, you can skip this step]
  1. Create the .xls file for the reports (you sent)
  1. Use “Spreadsheet Reports” (Under “Services”) to create an export report(Administration >> Design export reports >> …) with the templates from the .xls you created (step 4)
  1. Define the items of the export reports( from step 5)
  1. Test the reports with data … (from import with .DXF - Import/Export or .xls with the data filled)

(The case of importing data from .xls files, you have to define import reports (from: Administration >> Design import reports >> …) of the Spreadsheet reports module.

John, you just first do the step 1 to 4 with the documentation from dhis2.org.

The I’ll guide you the next steps… And of course, if having any questions or need any support for these, free to tell us.

Good-luck!

Btw, Alvin, do you have a deadline for these? If needing our support, just tell us, Thuy and I, we are happy to help to speed it up :slight_smile:

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 12:52 PM, Kim-Anh Vo catakim@gmail.com wrote:

Hi John and Alvin,

The reports you sent, are the data-elements registered in the sys. (http://109.74.202.200:8080/ph) yet?

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 12:18 PM, Alvin Marcelo alvin.marcelo@gmail.com wrote:

Thanks John.

hi Kimanh,

Pls guide John as to how to create these reports into our DHIS2…then how to export these as DXF that we can disseminate to the EMRs on the ground…

Then we will have two ways of data being submitted:

1. as spreadsheet
  1. as DXF compliant format

Pls confirm if I got this correctly…

Thank you…

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 10:46 AM, John Francis Jr Faustorilla jfaustorilla@gmail.com wrote:

Hello Kim-Anh,

Here are the forms Dr. Alvin asked me to send to you. img002 is the PCB Provider Clientele Profile and img003 is the Summary of Benefits Availment. Both documents contain aggregate data.

Regards,

John

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 6:28 PM, Kim-Anh Vo catakim@gmail.com wrote:

Hei Alvin,

just figure out that the dhis2 instance doesn’t include the spreadsheet module…

And the instance check (http://109.74.202.200:8080/ph/dhis-web-commons-about/about.action):

Build revision:

Build date:
2012-01-19 01:52

That’s was for a around 5 months ago… and without the spreadsheet-reporting module. Probably I would help to build the latest source-code with the spreadsheet module and then will give it to you to have a try. Okay?

P.S: Thuy is a member of the local VN team, she could also give a hand for testing with the lastest source-code and building.

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 2:23 PM, Kim-Anh Vo catakim@gmail.com wrote:

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Best regards,
Kim-Anh Vo

JOHN FRANCIS L. FAUSTORILLA JR, RN, RM, MANwww.johnfaustorilla.com

Best regards,
Kim-Anh Vo

I agree. John, pls post to the developer list…

···

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 9:52 AM, Thuy Nguyen thuy.hispvietnam@gmail.com wrote:

I think it is good to send this thread to developer list so that people can learn and help

More importantly, how do we expose the DXF format so we can distribute this to 3rd party applications? How can 3rd party EMRs submit data to this dhis2 form?

Hello Everyone,

I just finished creating the data set for PCB Provider Clientele Profile (PCB Form A2). But I do not know how to manage the appearance of the fields. It seems that DHIS2 automatically sets them according to clusters (of categories). Is this fine? Or how can I probably make it appear more aesthetically appealing to users?

Thanks,

John

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 2:47 PM, John Francis Jr Faustorilla jfaustorilla@gmail.com wrote:

Hello Kim-Anh,

I just checked now and it is working fine. I will try to send any updates on my progress and if I encounter any problem.

Thanks,

John

Hello,

How’s it going now?

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 1:49 PM, Alvin B. Marcelo alvin.marcelo@gmail.com wrote:

We’ll have to wait for Knut to wake up. I’m setting up our own server so Knut need not be disturbed …

yes, I logged in, and see data elements are available, then I replied to your mail and can’t do anything else.

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 12:56 PM, John Francis Jr Faustorilla jfaustorilla@gmail.com wrote:

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 1:42 PM, Alvin B. Marcelo alvin.marcelo@gmail.com wrote:

I do not manage the server. I think the one who manages the server is asleep, so I am not sure what happened.

Me too. Do you manage the server? you try to see if internet is connected to the server, or somebody stopped tomcat.

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 11:24 AM, John Francis Jr Faustorilla jfaustorilla@gmail.com wrote:

• Go to Service > Spreadsheet Reporting module > Administration > Design import reports
  • Add new import report > name > report type: normal > period type : the period which you set for the datasets you created to import data
  • Add new import item >
  • fill the name >
  • expression : select the data element group >select on data element > double click on the category option > the expression like [dataelementid.categoryoptioncomboid] will be filled in the formular text field> click ok
  • sheet no: put the sheet no sequence in your xls file. usually it is 1. if you have 2 sheets to import you will set this one 1 or 2 depend on where the data values are.
  • Row and column of data value which is on the .xls file. If the cell is B12 mean row is 12, column is 2; if the cell of data value is D2 mean : row is 2, column is 4
  • Continue above steps until you finish all the import items (relate to data elements you want to get from the excel file)
  • Navigate to import reports page again > on the import report, click the association button > select the organisation unit which will be import data value. example if the values are entered from A hospital, then in this import report also assign to A hosptal > Click Save
  • In the left menu, under Generating report > select Import data > Select org unit > Select the excel file which contain data value > click upload > select Import report > select period > click Preview button > select which data value you want to import or click select al to import all > Click Import data.

Now you can check the data values are in the database> to check in interface you can see in the dataset or view in generate Report table under Reporting module.

Hi John,
I logged in on it, I see it is working now, the data element list is showing dataelements when add and editing dataset.

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 8:47 AM, John Francis Jr Faustorilla jfaustorilla@gmail.com wrote:

Hello Thuy,

Tomcat was restarted but it did not resolve the problem. Please advise on what next steps need to be done.

John

I tried and see the same, I am not sure what had happened. You may do the same action and have a look at tomcat log, or copy it to me. Or you may try to restart tomcat and see if the problem is still there.

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 3:45 PM, John Francis Jr Faustorilla jfaustorilla@gmail.com wrote:

Hello Thuy,

The data elements’ domain type that I created are all set in aggregation. I was previously able to add them up. But since yesterday, I had this issue of not seeing the data elements when creating a new data set / data element group. I also noticed this happened after I deleted some data elements that I created, but were not part of the data set. Could something be wrong?

John

Dear John,
Can you check your data elements by editing one of them whether the domain type is aggregation or patient. Only aggregation data elements will be available when creating dataset, and patient data element will be available when creating program in tracking module.

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 3:05 PM, John Francis Jr Faustorilla jfaustorilla@gmail.com wrote:

Hello Kim-Anh,

I still cannot add data elements to data sets because they do not show up in the “available data elements” box when I add a new data set. Can you help me with this?

Thanks,

John

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 4:42 PM, John Francis Jr Faustorilla jfaustorilla@gmail.com wrote:

Hello Kim-Anh,

Thank you for this. I’ll try to see what I can do with steps 1 and 2. I’ll try to ask if I seem to get lost with the next steps. :slight_smile:

Thanks,

John

Hi John,

I’ve just analyzed and marked the input cells for data-elements creating… and so on of the first 3-4 steps.

Although it’d have a better (based on DHIS2 concepts for data-elements with categories, etc.), for spreadsheet module with the reports of multiple data-elements types it’d be complicated. So, just creating the data-elements as checked (red ones).

Btw, for the report in the “img003–.jpg” the list of the top 10 common illness (morbidity) THIS IS NOT YET AVAILABLE with the spreadsheet module.

John,

Pls do steps 1-4 tomorrow morning then lets setup a Gotomeeting with Kimanh in the afternoon to get the other steps…

Dear Kimanh,

Thanks for the help. Yes I do have a deadline. I was hoping you can assist John and am willing to compensate you for your time. Can you put a price to steps 1 to 7 below? I need these into Knut’s environment. Then I need help migrating that DHIS2 (from Knut’s) to our virtual machine environment.

Is HISP Vietnam ready to provide root support down to OS or only install, configure, retore of DHIS2? Pls adviswe…

Hi John and all,

After having a look at the current sys. (data-sets…) there is no data-element yet!

1. Create the data-element groups to group the data-elements (facilitating for later use)
  1. Create a dataset (input form - list of data-elements for entries) [if not input from DHIS2 with data-entry module, you can skip this step]
  1. Test the reports with data … (from import with .DXF - Import/Export or .xls with the data filled)

(The case of importing data from .xls files, you have to define import reports (from: Administration >> Design import reports >> …) of the Spreadsheet reports module.

The I’ll guide you the next steps… And of course, if having any questions or need any support for these, free to tell us.

Good-luck!

Btw, Alvin, do you have a deadline for these? If needing our support, just tell us, Thuy and I, we are happy to help to speed it up :slight_smile:

Hi John and Alvin,

The reports you sent, are the data-elements registered in the sys. (http://109.74.202.200:8080/ph) yet?

Thanks John.

hi Kimanh,

Pls guide John as to how to create these reports into our DHIS2…then how to export these as DXF that we can disseminate to the EMRs on the ground…

1. as spreadsheet

Thank you…

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 10:46 AM, John Francis Jr Faustorilla jfaustorilla@gmail.com wrote:

Hello Kim-Anh,

Here are the forms Dr. Alvin asked me to send to you. img002 is the PCB Provider Clientele Profile and img003 is the Summary of Benefits Availment. Both documents contain aggregate data.

Regards,

John

Hei Alvin,

And the instance check (http://109.74.202.200:8080/ph/dhis-web-commons-about/about.action):

Build revision:

Build date:

That’s was for a around 5 months ago… and without the spreadsheet-reporting module. Probably I would help to build the latest source-code with the spreadsheet module and then will give it to you to have a try. Okay?

P.S: Thuy is a member of the local VN team, she could also give a hand for testing with the lastest source-code and building.

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Best regards,
Kim-Anh Vo

Best regards,
Kim-Anh Vo

Alvin B. Marcelo, MD, FPCS www.alvinmarcelo.com
Philippine Health Insurance Corporation
GPG 0x99CBC54C
Click here for the Master of Science in Health Informatics

Yes, please do post to the list, but not like this. Write a new, relatively short message where you summarise the issue.

···

Sent from my mobile

On Jul 3, 2012 6:05 AM, “Alvin Marcelo” alvin.marcelo@gmail.com wrote:

I agree. John, pls post to the developer list…

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 9:52 AM, Thuy Nguyen thuy.hispvietnam@gmail.com wrote:

Hello Everyone,

Thanks,

John

Hello Kim-Anh,

Thanks,

John

Hello,

How’s it going now?

• Add new import item >
  • fill the name >

Hi John,

Hello Thuy,

John

Hello Thuy,

John

Dear John,

Hello Kim-Anh,

Thanks,

John

Hello Kim-Anh,

Thanks,

John

Hi John,

John,

Dear Kimanh,

Hi John and all,

Good-luck!

Hi John and Alvin,

Thanks John.

hi Kimanh,

1. as spreadsheet

Thank you…

Hello Kim-Anh,

Regards,

John

Hei Alvin,

Build revision:

Build date:

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Best regards,
Kim-Anh Vo