Help: Grant hierarchical user authorities

Hi everyone,

I would like to create a user role that allows a user to create other users. What authorities should I grant to this kind of user? e.g. A user X must be created and assigned to this role so that when he/she logs in, they can create users Y, Z, etc.

Thanks.

You can find all the authorities in the documentation, User authorities - DHIS2 Documentation
If the user should only be able to create new users, use F_USER_ADD

Hi @Gassim,

I am using DHIS 2 version 2.34.4,. Do you mean the role below:

I can not find the role you are referring to.

Thanks.

Hi @dmbantu, I think you’ll either search for the role that has the appropriate authorities that you need + “Add/Update User” authority. Search for an authority in the role, or I suggest that you first create a new role specifically for users who will perform the task you mentioned and add the authority “Add/Update User.” Then give this user or group the role. :smiley: Hope this helps, let me know if you want me to take screenshots or step by step post. Thank you! :smiley:

Hi @Gassim,

A step by step post or screenshots would be great for me if that doesn’t disturb you.

Thank you again.

1 Like

Not at all! I am pleased to help. :smile_o:

Here are the steps to achieve your goal for a user whose sole responsibility is to create users:
(give the images sometime to download so that you are able to zoom)

Create the role and add the authorities:

Create a new user:

Add the role you created to the user:

I created this user account above in DHIS2 play instance so you can check out all these settings live: DHIS 2 Demo - Sierra Leone

Hi @Gassim,

Thank you very much for your support. It is now done.

1 Like

You’re welcome (: