Error while deploying iReport

Hi all,

I am trying to implement a small report through iReport. My report works fine in iReport but I get the below error while “Creating” it in DHIS2:

HTTP Status 500 - Handler dispatch failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/codehaus/groovy/control/CompilationFailedException

Kindly help me to resolve this issue.

Dear @Jeton Mehmeti,

I see you have raised a similar question in Jul 2001 but I don’t see any replies for that. Did you manage to fix it? Can you please spare some time to help me to resolve this issue.

Many thanks in advance.

3 Likes

HI @MSP

Kindly check out Issues running iReport with custom datasource from within DHIS-2 - #11 by jason - I have seen the error in question has been discussed there. Let me know if that helps.

Best,
James

1 Like

Hi @jomutsani,

Thanks for sharing the link but it is a different kind. Did not help me.

1 Like

Just Got this excerpt from a user who experienced more or less a similar issue:

You will have to set the language value in your template to Java. There are two ways you can do this:

1. If you are using iReport, select the root object in your Report Inspector (the one with the same name as your report). Then in the Properties window, select Java from the Languages drop-down.
  2. If you are editing the raw mark-up in the JRXML file, remove language="groovy" from the file altogether.

Then try to recompile as you recreate it in DHIS2 - you should be sorted. :slight_smile:

Had you tried out this option?

James.

1 Like

Thank you very, very much @jomutsani.:pray: You made my day :joy: :kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

This solved my problem. I am able to view the report I deployed.

Now let me explore further on iReports.

Have a great day ahead!:bouquet::bouquet::bouquet:

2 Likes

Always happy to help @MSP :slight_smile:

As always, pass it forward and help someone in the community with an issue you are proficient in and can help.

Best,
James.

1 Like