Error: switching calendars seems buggy

During the training I am currently running using 2.20, all users have been given admin access to the (initially empty) database.

Someone then went ahead and changed to Ethiopian calendar. This seems to have tripped up both generation of resource tables and analytics. We ended up with two different definitions of the 8th month of 2015, one with 30 days (Ethiopian) and one with 31 days.

This then caused an error complaining about duplicate periods when trying to run Analytics.

···

Knut Staring

Dept. of Informatics, University of Oslo

Norway: +4791880522

Skype: knutstar

http://dhis2.org

Hi

Actually, there is only one point where you can switch the calendar, and that is at the very start of a fresh database. We should probably make this more obvious (maybe a big warning or something).

···

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 4:55 PM, Knut Staring knutst@gmail.com wrote:

During the training I am currently running using 2.20, all users have been given admin access to the (initially empty) database.

Someone then went ahead and changed to Ethiopian calendar. This seems to have tripped up both generation of resource tables and analytics. We ended up with two different definitions of the 8th month of 2015, one with 30 days (Ethiopian) and one with 31 days.


Knut Staring

Dept. of Informatics, University of Oslo

Norway: +4791880522

Skype: knutstar

http://dhis2.org

This then caused an error complaining about duplicate periods when trying to run Analytics.


Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp


Morten

I thought so - and confirmed it the hard way. I guess it is not feasible to lock it? Because I dont know how to fix this database now…tried to delete the period, but then it complains about it not existing anymore…

···

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 12:11 PM, Morten Olav Hansen mortenoh@gmail.com wrote:

Hi

Actually, there is only one point where you can switch the calendar, and that is at the very start of a fresh database. We should probably make this more obvious (maybe a big warning or something).


Morten

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 4:55 PM, Knut Staring knutst@gmail.com wrote:

During the training I am currently running using 2.20, all users have been given admin access to the (initially empty) database.

Someone then went ahead and changed to Ethiopian calendar. This seems to have tripped up both generation of resource tables and analytics. We ended up with two different definitions of the 8th month of 2015, one with 30 days (Ethiopian) and one with 31 days.


Knut Staring

Dept. of Informatics, University of Oslo

Norway: +4791880522

Skype: knutstar

http://dhis2.org

This then caused an error complaining about duplicate periods when trying to run Analytics.


Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Knut Staring

Dept. of Informatics, University of Oslo

Norway: +4791880522

Skype: knutstar

http://dhis2.org

We can start with a warning label in the settings UI.

LArs

···

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 12:18 PM, Knut Staring knutst@gmail.com wrote:

I thought so - and confirmed it the hard way. I guess it is not feasible to lock it? Because I dont know how to fix this database now…tried to delete the period, but then it complains about it not existing anymore…


Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 12:11 PM, Morten Olav Hansen mortenoh@gmail.com wrote:

Hi

Actually, there is only one point where you can switch the calendar, and that is at the very start of a fresh database. We should probably make this more obvious (maybe a big warning or something).


Knut Staring

Dept. of Informatics, University of Oslo

Norway: +4791880522

Skype: knutstar

http://dhis2.org


Morten

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 4:55 PM, Knut Staring knutst@gmail.com wrote:

During the training I am currently running using 2.20, all users have been given admin access to the (initially empty) database.

Someone then went ahead and changed to Ethiopian calendar. This seems to have tripped up both generation of resource tables and analytics. We ended up with two different definitions of the 8th month of 2015, one with 30 days (Ethiopian) and one with 31 days.


Knut Staring

Dept. of Informatics, University of Oslo

Norway: +4791880522

Skype: knutstar

http://dhis2.org

This then caused an error complaining about duplicate periods when trying to run Analytics.


Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Lars Helge Øverland

Lead developer, DHIS 2

University of Oslo

Skype: larshelgeoverland

http://www.dhis2.org