Error for Data Element Period?

Hi All,

We are getting the below yellow error in our instance “Period: 2018 July is after latest open future period: 201901 for data element XXX”.

This is for a yearly data set. 2 future periods are open in the data set.

We are confused because there should not be periods attached to data elements, right?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Dear @Hesel_Kate,

The error is on data element NOT dataset. Since data elements have no start and end date, may be check if you are using category options (end date) on that particular data element (wdbCsuncOQ)

Regards

2 Likes

Hi Prosper,
There is no cat combo attached to these data elements. Any other ideas?

1 Like

Hi Hesel,

None of the data elements in this dataset has cat combos?

Also check the opening and closing dates of the Orgunit

Regards

1 Like

One of the questions in the data set has an option set attached to them, but none of the DE have a cat combo.

1 Like

We have no closing dates in our org units.

1 Like

Anyone found a solution to the above, I am also having a similar error?

2 Likes

@Chengetai_Dziwa

This could be related to “DataSet open future periods for data entry” setting, check the document for more details

2 Likes

@viet thanks for this I have checked and had put in value to allow data entry for at two years in advance since these are targets but it still doesn’t allow for some of the data elements.

1 Like

Hi @cdziwa, did you get a fix for this?

I experienced this issue today while importing data. Just make sure that the period format matches and that the open period is properly configured to suit.

Did anyone resolve this issue?

1 Like

Hi @Maureen_Otini,

Welcome to the community! :tada::tada:

It seems @Abumere_Ejakhegbe here proposed a solution, could you try it and confirm if it works for you as well?

Thank you!

Thank you @Gassim

We are getting the error while doing data entry and not data upload.

1 Like

Okay thanks @Maureen_Otini, I understand! Please check the instructions by @prosper above, and would you share the dhis2 version you are using as well as a screenshot of the error you are facing (just wondering if it might be helpful).

Thanks!