Email push notification does not support utf-8 languages (FIXED)

Hi DHI2 expert,
I am greeting from Laos PDR in Asia ,

I would like to share and like to have a guide from DHIS2 expert on how to solve some issue the we are facing regarding the email push notification from DHIS2 to personal email.

Outgoing email messages are enabled, but still give this type of message: “This is an automatically generated email from ??? ???” >> is it possible to change Lao text or add English e.g., “(Lao HMIS)” after Lao text, which is not support in email body?

For Laos country we are using DHIS2 2.35 (which version that we have a problems at the moment)

Please guide on how can solve the issue

Regards,

DHIS2 Laos Teams

For instance, this picture below is showing the ??? which is Lao languages that information come from DHIS2

Hi @Saysana_SB

Thank you for your post! I apologize for the delay. I am asking the software core team developers about this issue but at this point and until I hear back from the experts, the best I can tell you is that it’d be recommended to upgrade to one of the latest and supported versions of DHIS2. DHIS2 2.35 is no longer a supported version.

I will let you know if there’s anything more, but for now I would like to also ask you to test by including the following at the beginning of your email message. I’m curious to know if it might actually work!

In your message body please start the message with the following code:

<head><meta charset="UTF-8"></head>

Thanks!

@Gassim Thank for replying
I agreed that for version 2.35 of DHIS2 might not be supported for this function. However, fortunately for our DHIS2 instance will be upgrade to 2.38 soon. Hope the upgrading will solve this issue.

And thank you for interesting to test it for us too.
However, I do not really get where I can put the “Code” you mentioned to mail body.
If you do not mind , can you please demo on how to do it ?

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks @Saysana_SB! This bug issue was also reported for Arabic:
https://dhis2.atlassian.net/browse/DHIS2-14901

It has been fixed and you’ll be able to make use of the fix in the latest patch releases.

That’s super helpful ,
Thank so much