DXF Imports in 2.6 (Concepts and Constants)

Hi there. I am having big problems importing from 2.6 to 2.6 systems. Importing from 2.5 to 2.6 seems to work OK, with some caveats. However, import between 2.6 systems is broken . There seem to be several issues which I have discussed off list with both Bob and Hieu, but there are some design issues around these objects which I wanted to raise to the group. First, there are a number of objects which thrown UnsupportedOperationExceptions if there is a match

@Override

protected void importMatching( Concept object, Concept match )

{

throw new UnsupportedOperationException( “Concept can only be unique or duplicate” );

}

for instance.

What is the intention with this? If the concept matches, shouldn’t we simply ignore it? Perhaps I am misunderstanding something here.

Regardless, for the case of constants, I am of the opinion that once they have been added to the system they should essentially by inviolable, meaning they should not be able to be updated from a DXF import. Otherwise, they are not really a constant.

The workaround which I have for the moment is to change the minor version to 1.2 and remove the entire block of DXF which contains the constants.

Thoughts?

Regards,

Jason

Thanks Jason for this.There are other issues with dxf import in 2.6.We just reported an issue...
Ime

···

--- On Fri, 2/3/12, Jason Pickering <jason.p.pickering@gmail.com> wrote:

This looks like broken category combos to me and is not the same problem I am having. I am transporting data from two systems with the exact same metadata except some extra data values which need to be imported.

···

Sent from my mobile

On Feb 3, 2012 12:20 PM, “Ime Asangansi” asangansi@yahoo.com wrote:

Thanks Jason for this.
There are other issues with dxf import in 2.6.

We just reported an issue…

Ime

— On Fri, 2/3/12, Jason Pickering jason.p.pickering@gmail.com wrote:

Subject: [Dhis2-devs] DXF Imports in 2.6 (Concepts and Constants)
To: “dhis2-devs” dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Date: Friday, February 3, 2012, 9:34 AM

Hi there. I am having big problems importing from 2.6 to 2.6 systems. Importing from 2.5 to 2.6 seems to work OK, with some caveats. However, import between 2.6 systems is broken . There seem to be several issues which I have discussed off list with both Bob and Hieu, but there are some design issues around these objects which I wanted to raise to the group. First, there are a number of objects which thrown UnsupportedOperationExceptions if there is a match

@Override

protected void importMatching( Concept object, Concept match )

{

throw new UnsupportedOperationException( “Concept can only be unique or duplicate” );

}

for instance.

What is the intention with this? If the concept matches, shouldn’t we simply ignore it? Perhaps I am misunderstanding something here.

Regardless, for the case of constants, I am of the opinion that once they have been added to the system they should essentially by inviolable, meaning they should not be able to be updated from a DXF import. Otherwise, they are not really a constant.

The workaround which I have for the moment is to change the minor version to 1.2 and remove the entire block of DXF which contains the constants.

Thoughts?

Regards,

Jason

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp