Doubts on the use of Single Event with registration program with repeatable stage

Dear all,

I´m importing some patient legacy data for Colombia pilot project. To do that, I´ve trying to understang how the patient module works in the db and I have some doubts on the use of Single Event with registration program with repeatable stage.

I create the program and introduce data for one patient. Complete the data entry form … and it appears a pop-up to schedule the next encounter… then:

1. Is it possible not to schedule the next encounter there, but when it happens? (Like a spontaneous clinic visit)

2. Is it posible to re-schedule an encounter?

3. How can I “retrieve” an encounter to introduce data on it? I don´t find the way, even if i´m on the date the ecounter was scheduled for.

• I don´t see the options Tracking->Visit Schedule & Tracking-> Program Tracking that I´ve read in the documentation, in case it has smth to do with the limitations I found.

(Version 2.9 Build Revision 7897) I´m using admin acccount.

Following this functionality, The way I can do it now is creating a new instance of the program everytime a patient comes (even if he/she has come before) So in the end, for a single patient, I have as many instances of the program as visits he/she made, with one encounter per instance with data… and one preogrammed but never accesed…

Any help on understanding this will be much appreciated.

thanks!

Marta

HI Marta,

Can you tell us briefly about your use case (what kind of data, programs, “encounters”)?

Then it will be easier to explain how to set up the programs/stages etc.

Ola

···

Ola Hodne Titlestad (Mr)
HISP
Department of Informatics
University of Oslo

Mobile: +47 48069736
Home address: Eftasåsen 68, 0687 Oslo, Norway. Googlemaps link

On 15 October 2012 10:21, Marta Vila martavila@gmail.com wrote:

Dear all,

I´m importing some patient legacy data for Colombia pilot project. To do that, I´ve trying to understang how the patient module works in the db and I have some doubts on the use of Single Event with registration program with repeatable stage.

I create the program and introduce data for one patient. Complete the data entry form … and it appears a pop-up to schedule the next encounter… then:

1. Is it possible not to schedule the next encounter there, but when it happens? (Like a spontaneous clinic visit)
  1. Is it posible to re-schedule an encounter?
  1. How can I “retrieve” an encounter to introduce data on it? I don´t find the way, even if i´m on the date the ecounter was scheduled for.
  • I don´t see the options Tracking->Visit Schedule & Tracking-> Program Tracking that I´ve read in the documentation, in case it has smth to do with the limitations I found.

Following this functionality, The way I can do it now is creating a new instance of the program everytime a patient comes (even if he/she has come before) So in the end, for a single patient, I have as many instances of the program as visits he/she made, with one encounter per instance with data… and one preogrammed but never accesed…

thanks!

Marta

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Hi Ola,

it is an event notification system in which the event information is gathered in a single stage and a patient can notify more than one event.

thanks.

Marta

···

On 15 October 2012 10:33, Ola Hodne Titlestad olati@ifi.uio.no wrote:

HI Marta,

Can you tell us briefly about your use case (what kind of data, programs, “encounters”)?

Ola

Ola Hodne Titlestad (Mr)
HISP
University of Oslo

Dear all,

1. How can I “retrieve” an encounter to introduce data on it? I don´t find the way, even if i´m on the date the ecounter was scheduled for.

thanks!

Marta

Hi,

So this is a disease surveillance/notification system? If the goal is to track outbreaks etc. and to collect details about each case, BUT not really to keep a history of all events for each patient, then I would suggest using single event without registration. This will be the easiest way to collect and import data about these events and to generate statistics about these. You can still include information about the patient such as name, relatives, location etc. as data elements, but without involving the patient object in DHIS 2 and skipping the whole registration process.

If keeping track of a patients history of multiple similar events (same data collection form) then you need to have registration. You can have a program with one repeatable stage and schedule and re-schedule new events at any time, and there is no need to schedule a new one immediately after data entry of the previous event.

Ola

···

Ola Hodne Titlestad (Mr)
HISP
University of Oslo

On 15 October 2012 10:43, Marta Vila martavila@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Ola,

it is an event notification system in which the event information is gathered in a single stage and a patient can notify more than one event.

thanks.

Marta

HI Marta,

Ola

Ola Hodne Titlestad (Mr)
HISP
University of Oslo

Dear all,

thanks!

Marta

Thanks Ola,

they want to keep the patient data, so your second option would be best.

I understand, then, that every new event will create a new instance of the program.

Could you please confirm it is ok not to see the options Tracking->Visit Schedule & Tracking-> Program Tracking that appear in the documentation?? Have they been removed?

thanks again.

Marta

···

On 15 October 2012 10:54, Ola Hodne Titlestad olati@ifi.uio.no wrote:

Hi,

So this is a disease surveillance/notification system? If the goal is to track outbreaks etc. and to collect details about each case, BUT not really to keep a history of all events for each patient, then I would suggest using single event without registration. This will be the easiest way to collect and import data about these events and to generate statistics about these. You can still include information about the patient such as name, relatives, location etc. as data elements, but without involving the patient object in DHIS 2 and skipping the whole registration process.

If keeping track of a patients history of multiple similar events (same data collection form) then you need to have registration. You can have a program with one repeatable stage and schedule and re-schedule new events at any time, and there is no need to schedule a new one immediately after data entry of the previous event.

Ola

Ola Hodne Titlestad (Mr)
HISP
University of Oslo

Hi Ola,

thanks.

Marta

HI Marta,

Ola

Ola Hodne Titlestad (Mr)
HISP
University of Oslo

Dear all,

thanks!

Marta

Hi,

I can build a map illustrating the country combining Boundary layer and Facility layer into DHIS. This map can help to localize a facility and tell the facility type as all facilities are displayed with symbols. Is there any possibility to get this kind of map out of Dhis2 for other uses?

Adolphe

dhis2-users-bounces+kaadol=gmail.com@lists.launchpad.net [mailto:dhis2-users-bounces+kaadol=gmail.com@lists.launchpad.net] On Behalf Of Ola Hodne Titlestad

···

Sent: Monday, October 15, 2012 10:54 AM

To: Marta Vila

Cc: dhis2-users

Subject: Re: [Dhis2-users] Doubts on the use of Single Event with registration program with repeatable stage

Hi,

Ola

Ola Hodne Titlestad (Mr)

HISP

University of Oslo

Hi Ola,

thanks.

Marta

HI Marta,

Ola

Ola Hodne Titlestad (Mr)

HISP

University of Oslo

Dear all,

thanks!

Marta

Hi Adolphe,

You can always export your map as a PNG image simply by clicking the
"Export map as image" button from the GIS toolbar.

Best regards,
Jason

···

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 12:16 PM, Adolphe Kamugunga <kaadol@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I can build a map illustrating the country combining Boundary layer and
Facility layer into DHIS. This map can help to localize a facility and
tell the facility type as all facilities are displayed with symbols. Is
there any possibility to get this kind of map out of Dhis2 for other uses?

Adolphe

From: dhis2-users-bounces+kaadol=gmail.com@lists.launchpad.net
[mailto:dhis2-users-bounces+kaadol=gmail.com@lists.launchpad.net] On Behalf
Of Ola Hodne Titlestad
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-users] Doubts on the use of Single Event with
registration program with repeatable stage

Hi,

So this is a disease surveillance/notification system? If the goal is to
track outbreaks etc. and to collect details about each case, BUT not really
to keep a history of all events for each patient, then I would suggest using
single event without registration. This will be the easiest way to collect
and import data about these events and to generate statistics about these.
You can still include information about the patient such as name, relatives,
location etc. as data elements, but without involving the patient object in
DHIS 2 and skipping the whole registration process.

If keeping track of a patients history of multiple similar events (same data
collection form) then you need to have registration. You can have a program
with one repeatable stage and schedule and re-schedule new events at any
time, and there is no need to schedule a new one immediately after data
entry of the previous event.

Ola

---------

----------------------------------
Ola Hodne Titlestad (Mr)
HISP
University of Oslo

On 15 October 2012 10:43, Marta Vila <martavila@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Ola,

it is an event notification system in which the event information is
gathered in a single stage and a patient can notify more than one event.

thanks.

Marta

On 15 October 2012 10:33, Ola Hodne Titlestad <olati@ifi.uio.no> wrote:

HI Marta,

Can you tell us briefly about your use case (what kind of data, programs,
"encounters")?

Ola

-----

Ola Hodne Titlestad (Mr)
HISP
University of Oslo

On 15 October 2012 10:21, Marta Vila <martavila@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear all,

I´m importing some patient legacy data for Colombia pilot project. To do
that, I´ve trying to understang how the patient module works in the db and I
have some doubts on the use of Single Event with registration program with
repeatable stage.

I create the program and introduce data for one patient. Complete the data
entry form ... and it appears a pop-up to schedule the next encounter...
then:

1) Is it possible not to schedule the next encounter there, but when it
happens? (Like a spontaneous clinic visit)

2) Is it posible to re-schedule an encounter?

3) How can I "retrieve" an encounter to introduce data on it? I don´t find
the way, even if i´m on the date the ecounter was scheduled for.

- I don´t see the options Tracking->Visit Schedule & Tracking-> Program
Tracking that I´ve read in the documentation, in case it has smth to do with
the limitations I found.

Following this functionality, The way I can do it now is creating a new
instance of the program everytime a patient comes (even if he/she has come
before) So in the end, for a single patient, I have as many instances of the
program as visits he/she made, with one encounter per instance with data...
and one preogrammed but never accesed..

thanks!

Marta

More help : ListHelp - Launchpad Help

More help : ListHelp - Launchpad Help

Hi,

There is no export to image for the facility layer (the on with symbols for the facility types etc.) at the moment.

What I usually do for this use case is to take a screenshot/printscreen. That way you can also get the google maps background map if you like (and/or the boundary layer).

Jan is working hard to improve the GIS these days and there will be major changes in either 2.10 or 2.11.

Ola

···

Ola Hodne Titlestad (Mr)
HISP
University of Oslo

On 18 October 2012 12:43, Jason Pickering jason.p.pickering@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Adolphe,

“Export map as image” button from the GIS toolbar.

Best regards,

Jason

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 12:16 PM, Adolphe Kamugunga kaadol@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

I can build a map illustrating the country combining Boundary layer and

Facility layer into DHIS. This map can help to localize a facility and

tell the facility type as all facilities are displayed with symbols. Is

there any possibility to get this kind of map out of Dhis2 for other uses?

Adolphe

From: dhis2-users-bounces+kaadol=gmail.com@lists.launchpad.net

[mailto:dhis2-users-bounces+kaadol=gmail.com@lists.launchpad.net] On Behalf

Of Ola Hodne Titlestad

Subject: Re: [Dhis2-users] Doubts on the use of Single Event with

registration program with repeatable stage

Hi,

So this is a disease surveillance/notification system? If the goal is to

track outbreaks etc. and to collect details about each case, BUT not really

to keep a history of all events for each patient, then I would suggest using

single event without registration. This will be the easiest way to collect

and import data about these events and to generate statistics about these.

You can still include information about the patient such as name, relatives,

location etc. as data elements, but without involving the patient object in

DHIS 2 and skipping the whole registration process.

If keeping track of a patients history of multiple similar events (same data

collection form) then you need to have registration. You can have a program

with one repeatable stage and schedule and re-schedule new events at any

time, and there is no need to schedule a new one immediately after data

entry of the previous event.

Ola

Ola Hodne Titlestad (Mr)

HISP

University of Oslo

Hi Ola,

it is an event notification system in which the event information is

gathered in a single stage and a patient can notify more than one event.

thanks.

Marta

HI Marta,

Can you tell us briefly about your use case (what kind of data, programs,

“encounters”)?

Ola

Ola Hodne Titlestad (Mr)

HISP

University of Oslo

Dear all,

I´m importing some patient legacy data for Colombia pilot project. To do

that, I´ve trying to understang how the patient module works in the db and I

have some doubts on the use of Single Event with registration program with

repeatable stage.

I create the program and introduce data for one patient. Complete the data

entry form … and it appears a pop-up to schedule the next encounter…

then:

1. Is it possible not to schedule the next encounter there, but when it

happens? (Like a spontaneous clinic visit)

1. How can I “retrieve” an encounter to introduce data on it? I don´t find

the way, even if i´m on the date the ecounter was scheduled for.

• I don´t see the options Tracking->Visit Schedule & Tracking-> Program

Tracking that I´ve read in the documentation, in case it has smth to do with

the limitations I found.

Following this functionality, The way I can do it now is creating a new

instance of the program everytime a patient comes (even if he/she has come

before) So in the end, for a single patient, I have as many instances of the

program as visits he/she made, with one encounter per instance with data…

and one preogrammed but never accesed…

thanks!

Marta

Did not read closely enough, but the trick I have used for this is to
choose an indicator/data element which each facility reports on, and
then set the number of classes to "1" and the High and Low radius to
the same value (maybe 5 or 6). You can then get the map out as an
image. A bit of a hack, but it might work for you. Of course, the
screenshot trick should work as well. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Jason

···

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 12:53 PM, Ola Hodne Titlestad <olati@ifi.uio.no> wrote:

Hi,

There is no export to image for the facility layer (the on with symbols for
the facility types etc.) at the moment.

What I usually do for this use case is to take a screenshot/printscreen.
That way you can also get the google maps background map if you like (and/or
the boundary layer).

Jan is working hard to improve the GIS these days and there will be major
changes in either 2.10 or 2.11.

Ola
------

Ola Hodne Titlestad (Mr)
HISP
University of Oslo

On 18 October 2012 12:43, Jason Pickering <jason.p.pickering@gmail.com> > wrote:

Hi Adolphe,

"Export map as image" button from the GIS toolbar.

Best regards,
Jason

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 12:16 PM, Adolphe Kamugunga <kaadol@gmail.com> >> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can build a map illustrating the country combining Boundary layer and
> Facility layer into DHIS. This map can help to localize a facility and
> tell the facility type as all facilities are displayed with symbols. Is
> there any possibility to get this kind of map out of Dhis2 for other
> uses?
>
>
>
> Adolphe
>
>
>
> From: dhis2-users-bounces+kaadol=gmail.com@lists.launchpad.net
> [mailto:dhis2-users-bounces+kaadol=gmail.com@lists.launchpad.net] On
> Behalf
> Of Ola Hodne Titlestad
> Sent: Monday, October 15, 2012 10:54 AM
> To: Marta Vila
> Cc: dhis2-users
> Subject: Re: [Dhis2-users] Doubts on the use of Single Event with
> registration program with repeatable stage
>
>
>
> Hi,
>
>
>
> So this is a disease surveillance/notification system? If the goal is to
> track outbreaks etc. and to collect details about each case, BUT not
> really
> to keep a history of all events for each patient, then I would suggest
> using
> single event without registration. This will be the easiest way to
> collect
> and import data about these events and to generate statistics about
> these.
> You can still include information about the patient such as name,
> relatives,
> location etc. as data elements, but without involving the patient object
> in
> DHIS 2 and skipping the whole registration process.
>
>
>
> If keeping track of a patients history of multiple similar events (same
> data
> collection form) then you need to have registration. You can have a
> program
> with one repeatable stage and schedule and re-schedule new events at any
> time, and there is no need to schedule a new one immediately after data
> entry of the previous event.
>
>
>
> Ola
>
> ---------
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ----------------------------------
> Ola Hodne Titlestad (Mr)
> HISP
> Department of Informatics
> University of Oslo
>
> Mobile: +47 48069736
> Home address: Eftasåsen 68, 0687 Oslo, Norway. Googlemaps link
>
> On 15 October 2012 10:43, Marta Vila <martavila@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Ola,
>
>
>
> it is an event notification system in which the event information is
> gathered in a single stage and a patient can notify more than one event.
>
>
>
> thanks.
>
> Marta
>
>
>
>
>
> On 15 October 2012 10:33, Ola Hodne Titlestad <olati@ifi.uio.no> wrote:
>
> HI Marta,
>
>
>
> Can you tell us briefly about your use case (what kind of data,
> programs,
> "encounters")?
>
> Then it will be easier to explain how to set up the programs/stages etc.
>
>
>
> Ola
>
> -----
>
>
> ----------------------------------
> Ola Hodne Titlestad (Mr)
> HISP
> Department of Informatics
> University of Oslo
>
> Mobile: +47 48069736
> Home address: Eftasåsen 68, 0687 Oslo, Norway. Googlemaps link
>
> On 15 October 2012 10:21, Marta Vila <martavila@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
>
>
> I´m importing some patient legacy data for Colombia pilot project. To do
> that, I´ve trying to understang how the patient module works in the db
> and I
> have some doubts on the use of Single Event with registration program
> with
> repeatable stage.
>
>
>
> I create the program and introduce data for one patient. Complete the
> data
> entry form ... and it appears a pop-up to schedule the next encounter...
> then:
>
>
>
> 1) Is it possible not to schedule the next encounter there, but when it
> happens? (Like a spontaneous clinic visit)
>
> 2) Is it posible to re-schedule an encounter?
>
> 3) How can I "retrieve" an encounter to introduce data on it? I don´t
> find
> the way, even if i´m on the date the ecounter was scheduled for.
>
>
>
> - I don´t see the options Tracking->Visit Schedule & Tracking-> Program
> Tracking that I´ve read in the documentation, in case it has smth to do
> with
> the limitations I found.
>
> (Version 2.9 Build Revision 7897) I´m using admin acccount.
>
>
>
> Following this functionality, The way I can do it now is creating a new
> instance of the program everytime a patient comes (even if he/she has
> come
> before) So in the end, for a single patient, I have as many instances of
> the
> program as visits he/she made, with one encounter per instance with
> data...
> and one preogrammed but never accesed..
>
>
>
> Any help on understanding this will be much appreciated.
>
> thanks!
>
>
>
> Marta
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mailing list: DHIS 2 Users in Launchpad
> Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net