Different user roles for specified program stages

Hi Bs. Tran Quy Phi

We actually have a similar process for our program and have also run into the same challenges that you faced. I was wondering whether there was any particular solution that you came across to resolve this issue.

I notice that @em.hispvietnam mentioned the creation of 2 separate programs, but I was wondering if there was any other way around?

1 Like

Hi @Terence_Scott, if I understand the problem correctly you can achieve this by using “Sharing settings” on program stages. For instance, if you want user A to only see the first stage you can add the user to a “user group” and set that user group to have write access to the first stage and no access to the other stages. If you want a user B to see the first stage and also the other/next stages you would add that user to a different user group and set that user group to have read access to the first stage and write access to the other stages.

2 Likes

Hi @lukasewvd

Thanks very much for the answer - that makes complete sense! I am still wrapping my head around 2.30 at the moment with some of the changes and that simply did not occur to me.

Thanks for the help!

3 Likes

This new feature (sharing permissions for individual program stages) works well. But a word of caution: if you have complex program rules, check that they still work properly for these restricted users. Any data in non-shared program stages is hidden not just from these users, but also from the program rules themselves - so some of your program rules (eg data quality checks against previous events) may fail to fire for these restricted users.

2 Likes