Difference between Export options and Import options

Hello.
There is a meaningful Difference between metadata Export options and metadata Import options as you can see in below pictures.
For Example we can export program with all characteristics but there is no where to import it.
That means I cant export all metadata of a DHIS2 instance to another.
I want to know if there is any alternative way to export a instance and import to another?

1 Like

Hi @FireForce,
I hope you are well. Sorry for the late response; did you manage to get your metadata imports to a different instance as you had asked?

Hi Mahdi,

What version of DHIS2 are you on. I’m not familiar with an import screen that asks for metadata type…? The metadata object type should just be specified in the file, similar to how it is exported, and the system will take care of it.

1 Like

Hi @jomutsani
Yes I have two instance and I need just move only one program metadata from an instance to another instance.
Hi @chase.freeman
I use 2.30 modified version but in old 2.30 versions there was nowhere to choose Format file. I saw in new versions it seems to be solved!
Ok so you mean If I export on program in JSON I can import it easily and its work?

1 Like