DHIS2 - Validation rules for event capture - Bug?

Hi all,

Here’s a question (potential bug) on the validation rules for event capture.

When setting a validation rule for a program it doesn’t seem to do anything when violated. There is no pop-up blocking saving the data when filling in the form and no problem detected the data quality app.

I tried the demo server, using the “Impatient morbidity and mortality” program, and the “Discharge must be later than admission” rule. Same result, meaning violation doesn’t return any problem.

Is the validation rule functionality for events broken?

Btw, this problem is limited to events, for aggregate data entry the validation rules work fine.

Thanks,

Robin

Additional detail: when clicking on a validation rule and “Show details”, the “Right side expression” always copies the “Left side expression”. It might just be a small bug without further consequences but I add it here anyway.

···

De : Dhis2-users [dhis2-users-bounces+martens=sher.be@lists.launchpad.net] de la part de Robin Martens [martens@sher.be]

Envoyé : dimanche 25 janvier 2015 15:44

À : DHIS 2 Developers list; DHIS 2 Users list

Objet : [Dhis2-users] DHIS2 - Validation rules for event capture - Bug?

Hi all,

Here’s a question (potential bug) on the validation rules for event capture.

When setting a validation rule for a program it doesn’t seem to do anything when violated. There is no pop-up blocking saving the data when filling in the form and no problem detected the data quality app.

I tried the demo server, using the “Impatient morbidity and mortality” program, and the “Discharge must be later than admission” rule. Same result, meaning violation doesn’t return any problem.

Is the validation rule functionality for events broken?

Btw, this problem is limited to events, for aggregate data entry the validation rules work fine.

Thanks,

Robin