DHIS2 patch release 40.4.0 is now available

Dear all,

DHIS2 version 40.4.0 (patch release) is out with bug fixes and enhancements.

This is the latest stable release for version 40, and supersedes releases 40.0 to 40.3.2.

The release note for this patch can be found here: Patch 40.4.0 Release Note.

Thanks!

DHIS2 Release Team

Release Information Links
Release Note Patch 40.4.0 Release Note
Upgrade notes v40 Upgrade notes
Download release and sample database Downloads - DHIS2
Documentation https://docs.dhis2.org/en
Source code on Github Release 2.40.4 · dhis2/dhis2-core · GitHub
Demo instance DHIS 2 Demo - Sierra Leone
Docker docker pull dhis2/core:40.4.0
for more docker image variants see dockerhub
2 Likes

Dear @phil ,

I hope this message finds you well , This version has a bug, it does not show profile Information in Program Stage.

I had data and those were not displayed in 40.4.0 restored back to old version.

Regards
Mohammad Ayub Yousafzai
Kabul , Afghanistan

Hi @mohammadayub864

I’m not able to reproduce this issue. I can see profile info in the program stage when using Capture app, see screenshot:

Please check that you clear the browser cache. If the error persists even in your browser’s Guest mode then please create a new topic in the Support - Assistance technique category with details (Console and Network error logs) and screenshot as well as Capture app version.

Thanks!

I can confirm this bug,
using tracker capture, profile info is empty.

1 Like

Thanks for flagging this issue @mohammadayub864 and @mutali !

We’ll look into this and see what we can do to resolve it.

Kind regards,
Phil

1 Like

Okay, thanks! I tried in the Capture app :smile:

Hi @phil,

I have a problem with this update as well.
Some TEA elements and in some programs all TEAs displaying empty,

I have checked the server’s response and all data for those TEAs are there, but they are not showing in the Profile part
Please help ASAP

Ulanbek

P.S.: tried to downgrade back to 40.3.2 - impossible to do it… server even didn’t start :frowning:

1 Like

Hi @mohammadayub864

I have tried to rollback to the version 40.3.2, but couldn’t. It simply didn’t started over the upgraded DB. Have you rolled back to the upgraded version of DB or to the old backup?

Regards,
Ulanbek

Hi @Ulanbek,

The DB update system prevents startup of an older version if there were even minor migrations to the DB model - in order to prevent data corruption.

We have a release candidate prepared for a hotfix now, and should be able to test and release formally tomorrow.

If you want (or need) to test and deploy the release candidate yourself before then, you can also do that. It should be very low risk as it only contains the fix for this issue on top of v40.4.0 release.
The release candidate can be found here: https://releases.dhis2.org/40/dhis2-stable-40.4.1-rc.war

Note that in general I wouldn’t recommend taking a release candidate, but it’s up to you to weigh up the risk vs. the inconvenience to your implementation.

Kind regards,
Phil

1 Like

Hi @phil

Thank you for your reply.
I spent few hours to restore from backup and put back all changes for today. It was challenging day.

So let’s wait for the normal and tested relise, otherwise have no interest to repeat the same :slight_smile:

Regards,
Ulanbek

2 Likes