DHIS2 offline question

Hello
I started working for Vision hope organization in Yemen as HIS Officer and Im intended to deploy DHIS2 in a project that will be applied to specific HU, HC, DH and IDH as an experiment then it will be handled to the MOPHP to decide whether to extend the deployment to another districts or not.
Im facing a problem about how to let the data entry at the facilities enter the data offline and then it synchronized to server when they connect to internet.

1 Like

Dear Wael,

Thanks for sharing, can you please clarify on the exact problem? Are not able to enter data offline? Or are you not able to sync data entered offline?

Otherwise you need to set up the level for offline and also ensure if you are using the web, the entry module has to be opened before you go offline.

Regards

1 Like

Dear Prosper
Thanks for replying to me.
I just want to know the way of entering the records offline without being able to open the entry module online first.
Some organizations I see hear are using ODK tool(to save the data offline directly) with Ona as aggregate server and then import the data from Ona to DHIS2…That’s a long way to go through …Is there another way to do it???

1 Like

Dear Wael,

For that case would recommend dhis2 android aggregate

Its currently not yet part of the new combined android but will be soon. So you can test the old version of data capture for dhis2 from play store.

Regards

2 Likes

Thank you so much. Ill try it.

1 Like

Does dhis2 android aggregate has an arabic interface???because the data entry at the facilities level they don’t know English.
also do you have a implementation team or person in Yemen??

1 Like

Hi @WaelAli,

Have you tried to set “Arabic” as your language in the system settings and see if it picks up? also, @dhuser has more insight on this, not forgetting @dmnscar who has been working to get Arabic users/support? up to date in the community - he can shed more light on his progress too.

Best,
James.

Hi there, I have received no updates/found no ways to better have AR translations in DHIS2 apart from what is already in the system for the native text & working on creating some ourselves in Excel files & so forth… but still looking :wink:

1 Like