DHIS2 Installation error

I am getting a 404 not found error after installing dhis2 on ubuntu using dhis2-tools-ng setup

Thank you for your question @omie! And welcome to the community! :tada::tada:

May I ask you to please include more info about the environment and instance so that we’re able to understand what’s causing this error.

Please what installation guide did you follow to install the dhis2 instance? Please fill out all the necessary info:
DHIS2 instance version:
Obuntu OS version:
Java version:
PostgreSQL version:
Tomcat version:

Please see if there are any errors in the Catalina.out log (without including sensitive info like password etc) And when you open the 404-page do you see any errors in the Network tab please?

Thank you!

Hi @Gassim I am using this documentation: GitHub - bobjolliffe/dhis2-tools-ng: Next generation dhis2-tools on an ubuntu 18.04 server

Yes, thanks but we need more info to understand the cause of the error. There are so many errors that could happen and understanding the environment as well as checking the log is important to debug the issue and solve it. :+1:

I also have the same problem,
catalina.docx (14.3 KB)

1 Like

Hi @daniel1,
Thank you for sharing! While looking at the Catalina.out I realized that the log is missing some info so I went back to the instructions mentioned above and found out the following:

Something which is quite different with tomcat9 on ubuntu is that it no longer uses catalina.out as its console log. Instead it is logging these messages using the standard syslog mechanism. So you can find your tomcat messages in /var/log/syslog rather than catalina.out. The dhis2-specific logs can be found at /opt/dhis2/logs/.

So please:

Confirm that the new user account can successfully login and execute tasks via sudo commands. This can be done by switching user su command and trying to execute tasks as sudo user. If all works well using sudo, then proceed to the next step otherwise, make sure that the new user can run as sudo user. Use the following commands to achieve this part.

su <username>

Try running sudo tasks e.g. view logs that using sudo as below

sudo tail -f /var/log/syslog

Please see what non-sensitive info might be helpful from the syslog

Looking back, although I’m not an expert, a quick search made me suspect the issue might be resolved if steps in this document are review: https://github.com/bobjolliffe/dhis2-tools-ng/blob/master/docs/securing_base.md Please give it a try and feel free to post back to the community!

Thank you! (: