DHIS2 Android Offline

I am working on a project using the DHIS2 Android app that relies heavily on offline data collection. That has been going smoothly, but I have received multiple reports that when users try to synchronize data, it fails. I changed some settings, and on my test user, when I log in I have no error. If a user is offline and has data stored locally (tablet, mobile), can they log off and log back onto the Android app or will the data stored locally be deleted?

2 Likes

And a follow up – if they have the data stored locally, are they able to synchronize the configuration without losing the data?

2 Likes

Hi @berhard,

Sorry for experiencing the challenge when trying to synchronize data to your servers. As other members share their experience with this, our @dhis2-android team will also have a look at it and give their support as soon as they can. I will also check on Jira if there are reported cases on the same and get back to you.

Best,
James.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Synchronization Error - Android App

Hi @berhard,
I’ll answer your questions:

If a user is offline and has data stored locally (tablet, mobile), can they log off and log back onto the Android app or will the data stored locally be deleted?
Offline users can log out and data won’t be deleted until they try to log in with a different user or different server.

if they have the data stored locally, are they able to synchronize the configuration without losing the data?
You can synchronize configuration from the settings menu and your data will still be there.

The only way to loose data is by clicking the de “delete data” or “Restart app” buttons in settings menu. Or as mentioned above, by trying to log in to a different server or using a different user.

3 Likes

Thatnk you, @Pablo

2 Likes