DHIS2 Android Capture App patch release 2.6.2 is now available

Dear all,

DHIS2 Android Capture App version 2.6.2 is a patch version of the DHIS2 Android App. It builds upon the last version including bug fixes that couldn’t wait for the next version. It includes no functional improvements nor changes in the User Interface. It means that your users can update without experiencing any change in the UI.

This patch release is our response to challenges and bugs reported by the community. Specifically, this version has fixed some issues related to SMSs not able to sync, the use of option sets which type is number or integer, some crashes impacting several devices, and other functional bugs. You can see the full list here (requires log in).

This is the latest stable release for version 2.6.

The release notes for this patch can be found here: Patch 2.6.2 Release

RELEASE INFO

Release Information Link
Download app from Google Play or Github Google Play - Github
Documentation and Javadocs Android Overview - DHIS2
Overview of bugs fixed on JIRA (requires login) 2.6.2 Bugs
Source code on Github GitHub - dhis2/dhis2-android-capture-app: DHIS 2 data and tracker capture app for Android
Demo instance (user/password) https://play.dhis2.org/2.38/ android / Android123
DHIS 2 community https://community.dhis2.org Mobile Community
Source code of SDK on Github SDK 1.6.2
7 Likes

@Calle_Hedberg , @chase.freeman , this version includes some of the fixes you were looking for.

3 Likes

Jaime,

I noticed - and thanks!! Chase, let’s stay in touch with regard to testing this.

Regards
Calle

2 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

Hey question, for access to the apk, which link should we use to ensure we have the last upgrade version of the app?

This is the link that I have: https://github.com/dhis2/dhis2-android-capture-app/releases/download/2.6/dhis2-v2.6.apk
and i just want to ensure that when I share it with users they will have access to the latest version upgrade i.e. 2.6.2 when they download it/share it.

Hi @lillian1n2 . Unfortunately at the moment the App lacks a self update/upgrade method and it relies in other services to updated. In this case it is the Google Management System which does it via the Play Store. Otherwise the users will have to download the new version each time a new is published.

1 Like

Hello everyone. We are rolling out a new project that will make use of the android capture app for aggregate data reporting. We have installed the app (version 2.6.2) on Samsung A13 phones.
On a number of the phones, we are experiencing hanging of the app when trying to use the datasets with the notification to either wait or close the app. The android system is also flagging the app as using too much battery power and recommending to put the app into deep sleep mode.
Is anybody else experiencing this and is there anything we need to do to optimize the app or the process?

Ifeanyi

Hello @ifeanyiokoye

In this devices where it is happening. Did you update/upgrade the up or you installed fresh? If the former could you please try fully resetting the App and trying again? Also, is there a chance you could share credentials to the server (via PM or email) so we can have a look? Is the DataSet very big? Can you describe it more or less?

Thanks.