DHIS 2

Aoa Sir ,

I have designed a Custom form in Data-Set For Data Entry module.
In That form i have added a functionality of dynamic Row (tr of table with input fields) Generated.

(Using JavaScript )

As in Below Image :

The Issue I faced here is that new generated fields(inputs) can’t work as a default function of Saving Data-elements Values into DB.

As it is in first row (tr), fields are green . But in second row(tr), inputs are not work the functionality of auto save and get Green.

(These fields are generated on run time by clicking Add Button )

Hope so From image you better understand my problem.

Kindly guide me how to save dynamic row generated( input fields) in Data Entry form.

Hi Omer,

I do not think this is going to work at all. What are the data elements in the second row? Are these dynamically generated as well?

As noted in a previous mail from one of your queires, this really looks more like event data than aggregate data. For aggregate data you can only have a single value for a given organisationunit/period/data element/category combination at a time. So whatever is in that next row would need to use another dimension, like the category combination. So, you would need something like “ACT AS + SP” as your data element, and it would need to be disaggregated by “Page 1” and “Page 2”. If this is dynamic however, you would need to already have these category option combos generated as metadata and then you could add them to your data entry form I guess.

But, it simply does not look like aggregate data to me, since you could have any number of pages I guess?

Regards,

Jason

image

···

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 7:04 AM, Omer Butt omerbutt2521@gmail.com wrote:

Aoa Sir ,

I have designed a Custom form in Data-Set For Data Entry module.
In That form i have added a functionality of dynamic Row (tr of table with input fields) Generated.

(Using JavaScript )

As in Below Image :

The Issue I faced here is that new generated fields(inputs) can’t work as a default function of Saving Data-elements Values into DB.

As it is in first row (tr), fields are green . But in second row(tr), inputs are not work the functionality of auto save and get Green.

(These fields are generated on run time by clicking Add Button )

Hope so From image you better understand my problem.

Kindly guide me how to save dynamic row generated( input fields) in Data Entry form.


Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Jason P. Pickering
email: jason.p.pickering@gmail.com
tel:+46764147049

Hi Omer,

In second row same elements are used again to save data for page 2 ,page 3 etc.

Yes, that is NOT going to work, because you would end up overwriting the values in the database which you entered in the first row. You must therefore have an additional dimension to cater for the “pages” dimension in the form, which could be done (although I would not recommend it) with the category combo dimension.

In order to use the aggregate data entry module, you MUST define the dimensionality up front. If you have 10 pages or a 100 pages, then those must be known before data entry begins. You could use the form to display them to the user as they want, but the dimensionality must be present either as separate data elements, or with the use of a category option combo. Otherwise, it simply is not going to work in DHIS2. The aggregate data entry module is not designed to handle any number of values, for a given data element/period/category combination. There can only be a a single value.

The way that the data looks, it really would be better suited to the event capture module. In that case, you could have any number of pages which could be entered.

Regards,

Jason

image

image

···

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 7:53 AM, Omer Butt omerbutt2521@gmail.com wrote:

I have created data elements of first row. In second row same elements are used again to save data for page 2 ,page 3 etc.
The page limit is not defined yet. It depends on the data they have on the basis of monthly collected information. It may be 4 or 5 or may b 10.

SO i can’t create all these as a separate data elements .Because exact limit is not defined.

As you say for aggregate data only single value at a time.

Its work fine for other section of that form. But for that section i have to handle it for no of pages they have at the end of month.

As in below image:

other part of that form:

these are the data elements that enter one time only.

But for above i have to managed for required no of pages.

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 10:20 AM, Jason Pickering jason.p.pickering@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Omer,

I do not think this is going to work at all. What are the data elements in the second row? Are these dynamically generated as well?

As noted in a previous mail from one of your queires, this really looks more like event data than aggregate data. For aggregate data you can only have a single value for a given organisationunit/period/data element/category combination at a time. So whatever is in that next row would need to use another dimension, like the category combination. So, you would need something like “ACT AS + SP” as your data element, and it would need to be disaggregated by “Page 1” and “Page 2”. If this is dynamic however, you would need to already have these category option combos generated as metadata and then you could add them to your data entry form I guess.

But, it simply does not look like aggregate data to me, since you could have any number of pages I guess?

Regards,

Jason

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 7:04 AM, Omer Butt omerbutt2521@gmail.com wrote:

Aoa Sir ,

I have designed a Custom form in Data-Set For Data Entry module.
In That form i have added a functionality of dynamic Row (tr of table with input fields) Generated.

(Using JavaScript )

As in Below Image :

The Issue I faced here is that new generated fields(inputs) can’t work as a default function of Saving Data-elements Values into DB.

As it is in first row (tr), fields are green . But in second row(tr), inputs are not work the functionality of auto save and get Green.

(These fields are generated on run time by clicking Add Button )

Hope so From image you better understand my problem.

Kindly guide me how to save dynamic row generated( input fields) in Data Entry form.


Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Jason P. Pickering
email: jason.p.pickering@gmail.com
tel:+46764147049

Jason P. Pickering
email: jason.p.pickering@gmail.com
tel:+46764147049

Hi again Omer,

Just wanted to emphasize here that I would not use the category combination for what you want to achieve. It may solve the data entry problem superficially, but its going to create other problems when you start analyzing the data, because everything is going to be disaggregated by this weird dimension of “pages”. Maybe it could work, but it would seem to be confusing.

This data should really be recorded as events, and then aggregated, but it does not seem suited to the aggregate data entry module at all in my opinion.

Regards,

Jason

image

image

···

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 8:38 AM, Omer Butt omerbutt2521@gmail.com wrote:

Ok sir
Thanks for Response.

i will check category combo dimension.

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 11:02 AM, Jason Pickering jason.p.pickering@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Omer,

In second row same elements are used again to save data for page 2 ,page 3 etc.

Yes, that is NOT going to work, because you would end up overwriting the values in the database which you entered in the first row. You must therefore have an additional dimension to cater for the “pages” dimension in the form, which could be done (although I would not recommend it) with the category combo dimension.

In order to use the aggregate data entry module, you MUST define the dimensionality up front. If you have 10 pages or a 100 pages, then those must be known before data entry begins. You could use the form to display them to the user as they want, but the dimensionality must be present either as separate data elements, or with the use of a category option combo. Otherwise, it simply is not going to work in DHIS2. The aggregate data entry module is not designed to handle any number of values, for a given data element/period/category combination. There can only be a a single value.

The way that the data looks, it really would be better suited to the event capture module. In that case, you could have any number of pages which could be entered.

Regards,

Jason

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 7:53 AM, Omer Butt omerbutt2521@gmail.com wrote:

I have created data elements of first row. In second row same elements are used again to save data for page 2 ,page 3 etc.
The page limit is not defined yet. It depends on the data they have on the basis of monthly collected information. It may be 4 or 5 or may b 10.

SO i can’t create all these as a separate data elements .Because exact limit is not defined.

As you say for aggregate data only single value at a time.

Its work fine for other section of that form. But for that section i have to handle it for no of pages they have at the end of month.

As in below image:

other part of that form:

these are the data elements that enter one time only.

But for above i have to managed for required no of pages.


Jason P. Pickering
email: jason.p.pickering@gmail.com
tel:+46764147049

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 10:20 AM, Jason Pickering jason.p.pickering@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Omer,

I do not think this is going to work at all. What are the data elements in the second row? Are these dynamically generated as well?

As noted in a previous mail from one of your queires, this really looks more like event data than aggregate data. For aggregate data you can only have a single value for a given organisationunit/period/data element/category combination at a time. So whatever is in that next row would need to use another dimension, like the category combination. So, you would need something like “ACT AS + SP” as your data element, and it would need to be disaggregated by “Page 1” and “Page 2”. If this is dynamic however, you would need to already have these category option combos generated as metadata and then you could add them to your data entry form I guess.

But, it simply does not look like aggregate data to me, since you could have any number of pages I guess?

Regards,

Jason

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 7:04 AM, Omer Butt omerbutt2521@gmail.com wrote:

Aoa Sir ,

I have designed a Custom form in Data-Set For Data Entry module.
In That form i have added a functionality of dynamic Row (tr of table with input fields) Generated.

(Using JavaScript )

As in Below Image :

The Issue I faced here is that new generated fields(inputs) can’t work as a default function of Saving Data-elements Values into DB.

As it is in first row (tr), fields are green . But in second row(tr), inputs are not work the functionality of auto save and get Green.

(These fields are generated on run time by clicking Add Button )

Hope so From image you better understand my problem.

Kindly guide me how to save dynamic row generated( input fields) in Data Entry form.


Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Jason P. Pickering
email: jason.p.pickering@gmail.com
tel:+46764147049

Jason P. Pickering
email: jason.p.pickering@gmail.com
tel:+46764147049