Dear all, Thanks for great improvement toward next release. I proposed the following changes to be made:-
Adding Data Element
- Data element group to be moved to Indicator name- There is no data element which can be define as input, process etc but if place under indicator definition it could be appropriate
Data visualization and chart
I proposed the addition of data label check box so that any one viewing the chart can decide to add values on the chart or uncheck to remove the values shown on the chart. Also data table as combination of the chart and table corresponding to the chart legend, Nevertheless, there is need for orientation of values and even font size reduce or increase.
Chart definition on indicators
There is need to include baseline line and baseline value especially for indicators.
On the command button Get report should change to Get report as PDF
Data completeness report
The following area require to be change :-
- Actual to actual report received or Total Reports Received
- Target to Expected Reports
- Percent to % Received
- On time to Report received on time
- Percent to % Received on time
General Report Generation
if data is captured on daily,weekly, monthly etc one should be able to generate summary report above the period of reporting eg if immunization is captured on monthly then one can generate quarterly report of the same by selecting period type or add other option for aggregation period option.
static Report to be change to reference material or Resource Center
Report organisation unit
- The report generated by type should eliminate orgunit like District, county etc and have only Health facilities. this apply also by ownership
**Adding Health facility -**The coordinate (longitude and Latitude) and feature type have been removed or replace by Rationale and unit of measure which is not applicable i stand to be corrected. This two required to be added.
Analysis - data contribution by ownership, type of health facility is required.
Reporting rate for section data set or defining services for every health facility to be use in the attachment of dataset based on type of services offed. That mean assigning dataset will be automatic by defining which dataset have been group by services.
GIS:- Require to include the some parameters for measuring distance like dispensaries should be 5KMs redius which will be helpful to influence policy in infrastructural.
Reports tools:- include search function so that one can search for a given report and all report displayed either standard, table and chart by number of report found.
Users- every orgunit should see only the list of users within the orgunit he/she operate and print out option having all detail of a user.
Data sharing - Data sharing function to be provided so that users can define what to be shared are what level and even what is good for managers at various level in stated of sharing everything in the database.
Tallysheet Generator - The tally sheet should arrange data element the way dataset appear not in alphabetical order arrange
011/10/14 Lars Helge Øverland email@example.com
DHIS 2 version 2.5 is released. We have a range of new modules and functions for you (demo login is admin/district):
- New Data Visualizer module: A module for generating dynamic data analysis and visualization. You can select freely from indicators, data elements, (relative) periods and organisation units as chart dimensions. Data can be visualized as column, bar, stacked column, stacked bar, line, area and pie chart. Which dimensions to use as series, categories and filter can be selected at any time. We have tried to make it very easy-to-use and you will never encounter cryptic user feedback. This strengthens the possibility for DHIS users to create ad-hoc analysis.
At the moment this module deliberately offers a minimum set of features. We encourage you to provide suggestions and comments for future development. More on this in a later mail.
Some screen shots:
- New web mobile module: Web based interface for low-end mobile devices. This module benefits from the general advantages of web deployments: Easy meta-data maintenance. No client version to manage. Additionally it increases the opportunity to use existing mobile devices. It contains functionality for data entry in addition to charts, reports and documents from the user’s dashboard.
- Single-event data management: Functionality for capturing single-event data for events such as births, deaths and referrals. The beneficiary registration is moved to case-based data entry module. Programs can now be defined as single-event based. After registering a beneficiary one can directly enter data for such single-event based “programs”. This is in fact a simpler use-case than the program-based data which is already supported.
- Meta-data attributes: Arbitrary attributes can now be added to data elements, indicators, organisation units and users. This comes in handy when making data dictionaries, when additional info is required for users and so on. Attributes can be added in data administration module and will become visible in the respective add and update screens for each object. In addition, all group sets which are marked as compulsory will appear as a drop-down list (where the groups are options).
- Email notifications of messages: Messages which are sent in the DHIS internal messaging systems can now also be delivered to the email address of the user recipients. Email SMTP settings are configurable in settings module (system email settings). Each user can decide to receive emails under user email settings.
- Improved data statistics: Data statistics (under data administration module) now displays the number of unique user being logged in and data records entered for the last day, week and month.
- Editable categories: You can now add or remove category options from categories after they have been created. This should alleviate some of the rigidness of the category model.
- Stacked bar chart: The pre-defined (canned) chart module now offers stacked bar charts.
WAR file, Live package, source code, sample database can be downloaded from here:
Documentation and Javadocs can be found here:
DHIS 2 development team
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs
Post to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp
Ministry Of Health
P.O. Box 20781
Don’t Compromise The Quality! Don’t Risk It! apply Available Standards to Achieve Your/organizational Goal.