DHIS 2 Android Dashboard Application

Hi,

I am Mahen Herath, a final year student from department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka.Over the past couple of years I have worked in a number of Android projects, including my junior year Software Engineering project which was a full-semester individual project.

For that I implemented an Android app to create virtual study groups, where groups of students can track their commitment per module, engage in group discussions etc… To track each users’s performance I integrated MPAndroidChart Library to the application. An SQLite database was used to cache JSON data fetched from the server ( I coded the server side using PHP ), and network calls were made using Volley Library.

During my internship I created an Android Application which recommends near by hotels and attractions to a user based on his or her current location. For that I extensively worked with Google Maps Android API, integrating custom markers on the maps to represent additional details like a rating for a place.

I was really exited to hear about the project on DHIS2 Android Dashboard application since it is a combination of several components ( MPAndroidChart Library, Google Maps API and Caching data using SQLite ) I have already implemented across different projects in different scopes.I am currently going through the source code of Android Dashboard Application hosted in GitHub. I would love to hear about other requirements in the project specifically not mentioned in the project description.

Thank you,

Mahen Herath

Hi,

I would love to do this project for Google Summer of Code 2016. I went through the current DHIS 2 Dashboard Application in Play Store, and there the number of dashboards were quite large. Is there a limit in the number of dashboards a user can create ? Please be kind enough to clarify this a little.

Thank you,

Mahen Herath

···

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 3:33 PM, Mahen Herath mahenherath@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

I am Mahen Herath, a final year student from department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka.Over the past couple of years I have worked in a number of Android projects, including my junior year Software Engineering project which was a full-semester individual project.

For that I implemented an Android app to create virtual study groups, where groups of students can track their commitment per module, engage in group discussions etc… To track each users’s performance I integrated MPAndroidChart Library to the application. An SQLite database was used to cache JSON data fetched from the server ( I coded the server side using PHP ), and network calls were made using Volley Library.

During my internship I created an Android Application which recommends near by hotels and attractions to a user based on his or her current location. For that I extensively worked with Google Maps Android API, integrating custom markers on the maps to represent additional details like a rating for a place.

I was really exited to hear about the project on DHIS2 Android Dashboard application since it is a combination of several components ( MPAndroidChart Library, Google Maps API and Caching data using SQLite ) I have already implemented across different projects in different scopes.I am currently going through the source code of Android Dashboard Application hosted in GitHub. I would love to hear about other requirements in the project specifically not mentioned in the project description.

Thank you,

Mahen Herath

Hi Mahen,

Unfortunately, you were a little bit late asking questions about project, since application period for GSoC students is closed now.

Hopefully you managed to submit your proposal to GSoC on time.

Best Regards,

Araz Abishov

···

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 3:33 PM, Mahen Herath mahenherath@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

Thank you,

Mahen Herath