DHIS 2 Android Capture App 1.3.0 Available for Beta Testing!

Dear DHIS 2 Community,

The new version of the DHIS 2 Android Capture App is available for BETA testing. It means that is the moment to test it out on your server and report the bugs to make sure everything is fixed before the final release. It is also a good moment to work on translations. The Beta version will be available in GitHub until July 3rd.

The most important part of Beta Versions is to report your issues in Jira!
Project: Android App for DHIS2 | Component: AndroidApp

It includes a lot of fixes, functional improvements and changes in the User Interface.
You can check the detailed issues in Jira .

Remember that all this information and the documentation is also available in the Android Section of the DHIS2 web site !

Best,

the Android team

3 Likes

Hi @marta,

Unsure if this is related, but as of this morning, my Capture app says “Swipe to Update” and when I swipe, nothing happens…

3 Likes

Hi Blake,

do you mean on google play? The beta version is available only on Github.

2 Likes

Hi Marta & team.

Thanks for the update. Is the documentation about the mobile app on the dhis docs site about this one? Referring to this: https://docs.dhis2.org/master/en/android/html/dhis2_android_user_man.html ?

Martin

3 Likes

Hi @mva!

the documentation is still in a google doc, you can find it here. You can also find it linked from the website https://www.dhis2.org/android-documentation

We are already migrating the documentation to the docs servers so that it is available in html and pdf, but for now is still better to use the google doc.

Cheers,
Marta

2 Likes

Thanks Marta. Will do.

3 Likes

Great, thanks. As we have done with other part of the DHIS2 doc, we may be interested to translate it in French - we’ve been using transifex for this, what would be the best here? We start on the google doc and discuss after when it’s moved to transifex (in an ideal world I would like this effort to benefit the community)

Martin

2 Likes

I do mean on Google Play. I thought perhaps the issue is related to the new version being released. I’m not sure how to resolve the issue.

2 Likes

thanks marta

3 Likes

Thanks Marta,
We will get back to you with feedbacks.

3 Likes

Hi Blake, ok… it might be related because we tried to use gplay to release beta first. I am tagging @Pablo to see if he can help you identify the issue. In theory, if you are in 1.2.3… there should be no version to update to in gplay.

thanks

2 Likes

Hi @mva,

that is a great contribution. thanks!

As I said… we are in the process of migrating the documentation to Github and when that is done, translations will also use Transifex.

Since July is a bit slow in Oslo, I don’t think we will be ready before August. You could start with gdoc… , but another option is to wait for the Transifex project to be available. I guess it depends on your availability and urgency…

2 Likes

Hi @marta,
Thanks for the wonderful work on the beta version here. Do you know when we can expect release version 1.3.0 (to Google play)?

Regards,

2 Likes

Hi Muhammad,

we are finalising details and hope to release it either tomorrow or Monday next week.

Thanks for your support!
Marta

2 Likes

HI MARTA!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Le mer. 24 juil. 2019 à 01:37, Marta Vila via DHIS2 Community noreply@community.dhis2.org a écrit :

1 Like