Data filter of Org unit doesn't apply on chart on dashboard

Dear Support team,

I have used DHIS2 version 2.30, I have created chart categorized by Org unit; However when I change Org unit, it doesn’t apply on chart on dashboard; It means the data didn’t change by Org unit while changing Org Unit. Any help?

Be appreciated for supporting
Regards,
Aynar

4 Likes

Hi @LCaynar. The org unit filter does not all dashboard object. It only filters those objects that have a relative user org unit saved as the org unit selection. You’ll need to first check if these dashboard objects have a user relative org unit selection saved. The three relative use org unit selector in the data visualizer app is below for your reference.

Hope this helps! : )

4 Likes

Dear @Russpatrick,

Thanks for your help. However, It still doesn’t work.

Best Regards,
LCaynar

4 Likes

It may be a bug, but from my tests it looks like everything is working properly. Can you reproduce this behavior action here? https://play.dhis2.org
What version and build are you using?

3 Likes

Dear @Scott,

This is the bug:

My version is DHIS2 version 2.30

Best Regards,
Aynar

4 Likes

@jomutsani can you help @LCaynar report this as a bug and flag it with me and @geetha for testing?

3 Likes

well noted @Scott; I have created a ticket under Len Aynar as the issue owner. Tagged both Scott and @geetha as requested - DHIS2 - 6118.

@LCaynar - Please be available in case the team wants to bounce some test questions through you.

Best,
James.

2 Likes

@jomutsani thanks. Geetha will test now and validate the bug.

3 Likes

@LCaynar I have tried to recreate this bug in play.dhis2.org/2.30 but I am unable. Everything on our end appears to be working correctly. Unfortunately, we can not address a bug if we are unable to reproduce it. Can you please send in a screenshot of the org unit assignment in the data visualizer app for the dashboard object that is failing to filter?

4 Likes

Dear @Scott,

Here is the screenshot:

Best,
LCaynar

3 Likes

Thanks. It looks like you may not have saved the chart after you changed the org unit selector. You must go into the favorites dropdown and select save. Then clear your cache, reload your dashboard and try the filter again.

4 Likes

Dear @Scott,

Thanks I will follow your flow.

Best Regards,
Aynar

3 Likes

Dear @Scott,

I solved it and it works properly. Another question so if I want to filter organization unit and period; how can I do? any help?

Best Regards,
Aynar

1 Like

@LCaynar I’m glad it is working properly for you now. In the current release of dhis2.31 only global org unit filters are available. We are planning to introduce period filters in the next 2.32 release in May.

2 Likes

Dear @Scott,

It takes so long; Do you have any help to solve this for version 2.30?
Thanks!

Best,
LCaynar

2 Likes

Hi all,

I have a question related to the Organisation unit filter on the dashbaord which is in line with this thread. We trying to explain this functionality and how to use to our users but it is a bit unclear under which scenario this will be used. Assuming I have a dashboard with favourites (charts, pivots etc) where the Organisation unit is selected as User Organisation unit it means that User 1 with access to Country will see all, User 2 with access to District A will only see this OU etc. What is the use then for any of them to select a different organisation unit in the filter on the dashboard?

Can someone explain what this is useful for?

Regards,

Elmarie

2 Likes