Data does not show up when period goes across years

In the DHIS2 system I am working with, whenever I request data that goes across years (like Dec 2021 and Jan 2022), I receive empty data back. When I request separatedly for those months, data are returned. Is there an option that triggers that behavior or is it a bug? How can that be avoided? Thank you!

Welcome to the community @Yevgeniy_Elbert! :tada::tada:

Please share the version of the dhis2 instance that you are using. To make sure we’re not facing a bug, please run the Analytics Tables export and then completely clear the cache. (to make sure it’s not a cache issue try in a new/different browser/profile which you’ve not used dhis2 in so if you’re still facing the same issue it’s not a cache issue.)

If you still getting empty data back, would you please take a screenshot? First, open the Network tab (F12→Network) then click update in the app if you see red text (an error message) in the Network tab please select it and take a screenshot.

Thank you!

Wow, thank you so much, Sharaf, such a quick response! DHIS2 version: Time since last data update: 197 h, 18 m, 54 s Version: 2.32.7. Unfortunately, I am not the admin of the system, so I can’t run the Analytics table export. From previous posts in this community, it seemed like it would be a good idea to run this:
https://xxxx.dhis2.org/dhis//api/jobConfigurations.json?filter=jobType:eq:ANALYTICS_TABLE&fields=*

and here is the response i got:
{“pager”:{“page”:1,“pageCount”:1,“total”:1,“pageSize”:50},“jobConfigurations”:[{“lastUpdated”:“2021-08-27T11:00:22.095”,“id”:“kPp7LQgIw7R”,“href”:“https://xxxx.dhis2.org/dhis/api/jobConfigurations/kPp7LQgIw7R",“created”:“2021-08-27T11:00:22.095”,“name”:"Data analytics”,“jobStatus”:“SCHEDULED”,“displayName”:“Data analytics”,“enabled”:true,“leaderOnlyJob”:false,“externalAccess”:false,“continuousExecution”:false,“jobType”:“ANALYTICS_TABLE”,“nextExecutionTime”:“2022-07-31T22:00:00.000”,“cronExpression”:“0 0 22 * * ?”,“lastRuntimeExecution”:“00:16:47.893”,“lastExecutedStatus”:“FAILED”,“lastExecuted”:“2022-07-30T22:16:47.894”,“favorite”:false,“configurable”:true,“access”:{“read”:true,“update”:false,“externalize”:false,“delete”:false,“write”:false,“manage”:false},“lastUpdatedBy”:{“id”:“Rz890srlDuS”},“jobParameters”:{“lastYears”:1,“skipResourceTables”:false,“skipTableTypes”:[“ENROLLMENT”]},“favorites”:[],“translations”:[],“userGroupAccesses”:[],“attributeValues”:[],“userAccesses”:[]}]}

I don’t know if this is helpful, but what catches my eye is that lastExecutedStatus is “FAILED” and also
lastYears: 1 in the jobParameters.
If this is not helpful - and you think that we should ask admins to run the Analytic tables export and try again, please let me know. Thank you so much for your time and expertise.
Sincerely,
Yevgeniy

1 Like

Yes please! Thanks for searching for the info which assured us that there’s something wrong with running the analytics tables export. Please ask them to share the Catalina.out log (without the sensitive info) so we can understand what’s causing the failure.

Thanks!