Clarification on "Report date"

Hi Devs,

There are a range of dates available for use in program indicators (see below).

We want to use the “Report date” to simplify things a bit, rather than using another data element to record the event. We had created a date for “Admission date” but the default “Report date” is not really important for analysis purposes, but rather simply the admission date. We can essentially get the “Report date” from the date the event was created if we really need it, but like I said, its not important for us. The admission date is really what counts.

I am assuming that “Description of report date*” in the program stage UI refers to “Incident date” but I am not quite sure. Are all of these dates different somehow than “Report date” which is mandatory for events?

Regards,
Jason

Jason,

This is an interesting post and I must say I thought I understood it until I saw another post on the list yesterday asking if Enrolment date can be pulled into event analytics and the answer was not at this stage.

I thought that using your scenario you could define either Enrolment date or Incident date on the Program UI to be aliased as “Admission date” effectively the user will see “Admission date” on the UI when entering data.

Then on the Programstage UI there is one field which asks which Report date you want to use and I thought this defines which date is used when running event analytics but now I am confused.

Regardless then all of these dates are available to select when you set up program indicators including execution date and current date which is useful. So my take is depending whether you selected Incident date or Enrolment date as “Admission date” you would use that one when setting up the program indicator?

I will watch the responses to your question with interest so that I can figure out exactly how this all fits together because if it is true that one can only use incident date in event analytics then I don’t understand the purpose of defining “Report date” J

Regards,

Elmarie Claasen

Hisp logo

Project Manager

Health Information Systems Program

Tel: 041-367 1027

Cell: 082 374 2209

E-mail: elmarie@hisp.org

This message and any attachments are subject to a disclaimer published at http://www.hisp.org/policies.html#comms_disclaimer . Please read the disclaimer before opening any attachment or taking any other action in terms of this electronic transmission.
If you cannot access the disclaimer, kindly send an email to disclaimer@hisp.org and a copy will be provided to you. By replying to this e-mail or opening any attachment you agree to be bound by the provisions of the disclaimer.

···

From: Dhis2-devs [mailto:dhis2-devs-bounces+elmarie=hisp.org@lists.launchpad.net] On Behalf Of Jason Pickering
Sent: 13 April 2016 06:13 AM
To: dhis2-devs
Subject: [Dhis2-devs] Clarification on “Report date”

Hi Devs,

There are a range of dates available for use in program indicators (see below).

We want to use the “Report date” to simplify things a bit, rather than using another data element to record the event. We had created a date for “Admission date” but the default “Report date” is not really important for analysis purposes, but rather simply the admission date. We can essentially get the “Report date” from the date the event was created if we really need it, but like I said, its not important for us. The admission date is really what counts.

I am assuming that “Description of report date*” in the program stage UI refers to “Incident date” but I am not quite sure. Are all of these dates different somehow than “Report date” which is mandatory for events?

Regards,
Jason

This message and any attachments are subject to a disclaimer published at http://www.hisp.org/policies.html#comms_disclaimer. Please read the disclaimer before opening any attachment or taking any other action in terms of this electronic transmission. If you cannot access the disclaimer, kindly send an email to disclaimer@hisp.org and a copy will be provided to you. By replying to this e-mail or opening any attachment you agree to be bound by the provisions of the disclaimer.

Hi @jason,

Your post was 4 years ago but it interests me greatly. I don not know how you dealt with your question.

My question might be different from yours. What I want to know is when can I use the default report date/event or a date data element to capture when the event took place. it seems that for indicators is the report that is used and not a date data element.

Thanks