CategoryOptionCombos on UI - why is it mixed up?

Hi

I’ve been playing around with the catoptioncombos a bit, trying to figure out how to create data entry forms that only display the “default” (stored monthly total) values for data elements that basically is defined as monthly with a “DaysInMonth” category combination.

After adding the “default” to the data element category combination (wrong choice, but that’s not the point here) and running “update category option combinations” under Maintenance, I went back to the “Category Option Combo Management” - what I found is attached.

Why would this list show a mix of “Dayxx, default” and “default, Dayxx”?

Regards

Calle

···

Calle Hedberg

46D Alma Road, 7700 Rosebank, SOUTH AFRICA

Tel/fax (home): +27-21-685-6472

Cell: +27-82-853-5352

Iridium SatPhone: +8816-315-19274

Email: calle.hedberg@gmail.com

Hi

Just as an add-on to the above: I then when back into “Data Element combination” form and REMOVED “default” again. Then ran “update data category option combinations” again and re-loaded resource tables - only to find that all those “Dayxx, default” catoptioncombos are still there. CLeared my browser cache, re-started tomcat - but those catoptioncombos are still there…

This is exactly the kind of thing that frustrates me with categoryoptioncombos: if you do something that creates a range of categoryoptioncombos, and then UNDO exactly the same thing, all those categoryOptionCombos remain in the database instead of being removed. You then have to do a lot of clean-up in the database itself to get rid of it, OR restore an earlier version of the database. We have now developed a habit of doing a dump of the whole instance AFTER EVERY SINGLE ACTION involving CategoryOptionCombos, and we analyse the catoptioncombo list for irrelevant items/duplicates also after every single step - annoying and time-consuming, but better than spending days cleaning up again.

Anybody have any ideas for how to get rid of these “left-over” catoptioncombos in a quick and easy manner? Or maybe it’s possible to have them automatically removed when the underlying definitions are changing (as when removing “default” from the Category Element Combination)

Regards

Calle

···

On 12 March 2015 at 18:36, Calle Hedberg calle.hedberg@gmail.com wrote:

Hi

I’ve been playing around with the catoptioncombos a bit, trying to figure out how to create data entry forms that only display the “default” (stored monthly total) values for data elements that basically is defined as monthly with a “DaysInMonth” category combination.

After adding the “default” to the data element category combination (wrong choice, but that’s not the point here) and running “update category option combinations” under Maintenance, I went back to the “Category Option Combo Management” - what I found is attached.

Regards

Calle

Calle Hedberg

Calle Hedberg

Hi again,

These “left-overs” seems to be mainly a display issue - when I try to click on any of them and select “edit”, I get a database error. So those catoptioncombos are partially gone - just still being displayed…

Regards

calle

···

On 12 March 2015 at 18:51, Calle Hedberg calle.hedberg@gmail.com wrote:

Hi

Just as an add-on to the above: I then when back into “Data Element combination” form and REMOVED “default” again. Then ran “update data category option combinations” again and re-loaded resource tables - only to find that all those “Dayxx, default” catoptioncombos are still there. CLeared my browser cache, re-started tomcat - but those catoptioncombos are still there…

This is exactly the kind of thing that frustrates me with categoryoptioncombos: if you do something that creates a range of categoryoptioncombos, and then UNDO exactly the same thing, all those categoryOptionCombos remain in the database instead of being removed. You then have to do a lot of clean-up in the database itself to get rid of it, OR restore an earlier version of the database. We have now developed a habit of doing a dump of the whole instance AFTER EVERY SINGLE ACTION involving CategoryOptionCombos, and we analyse the catoptioncombo list for irrelevant items/duplicates also after every single step - annoying and time-consuming, but better than spending days cleaning up again.

Anybody have any ideas for how to get rid of these “left-over” catoptioncombos in a quick and easy manner? Or maybe it’s possible to have them automatically removed when the underlying definitions are changing (as when removing “default” from the Category Element Combination)

Regards

Calle

On 12 March 2015 at 18:36, Calle Hedberg calle.hedberg@gmail.com wrote:

Hi

Regards

Calle

Calle Hedberg

Calle Hedberg