Can data be captured in tracker capture app retroactively?

Good Day,

Is it possible to register data in the tracker capture app retroactively. I mean if i have lost some data that belong to a past date, would i still be able to register them in that past date…example: if the data belong to January 30th, 2023 and haven’t notice the data is missing till today, would i be able to register the data in January 30th while today is February 7th …and would the registration date in the list change???

1 Like

Thank you for the post @Haliz.t!

Short answer is yes if the tracker capture is configured to allows that. Is the data in an event? Has the event been created or not? Is the first event date based on the ‘enrollment date’ or ‘Incident date’?

Additionally, how are the expiry rules setup:

Completed events expiry date

Defines the number of days for which you can edit a completed event. This means that when an event is completed and the specified number of expiry days has passed, the event is locked.

If you set "Completed events expiry days" to 10", an event is locked ten days after the completion date. After this date you can no longer edit the event.

Expiry period type

Expiry days

The expiry days defines for how many days after the end of the previous period, an event can be edited. The period type is defined by the expiry period type. This means that when the specified number of expiry days has passed since the end date of the previous period, the events from that period are locked.

If you set the expiry type to "Monthly" and the expiry days to "10" and the month is October, then you can't add or edit an event to October after the 10th of November.

Block entry form after completed

Select checkbox to block the entry form after completion of the event of this program.

This means that the data in the entry form can't be changed until you reset the status to incomplete.

(source: dhis2 documentation - program details)

Hope this helps! Thank you!