Can a form be configured to support multiple languages?

Hi, lets say I have a tracker capture program with a form that has questions in English, is it possible to add an option/radio button which has options that you can select to show the same set of questions in another language?

Thanks,

Paul

1 Like

Hi @PSomwe

Yes, you can use the “Translation” feature to translate the entire system into the desired language. The translation of the form can be done when it is not a custom form (if it is a custom form, I am unaware of any means to do what you are requesting). However, for translations of the DEs, Option sets, indicators etc. you can simply navigate to that specific DE (for example) and then click on the menu and select “Translate”. You can then select the desired Locale or language and add in the other language there.

The user will then need to set their profile with that language as the chosen language so that DHIS2 knows to show the information in that designated language.

Dropdown%20menu Dropdown%20menu%202

The documentation also provides a bit more information about this.

1 Like

Dear Terence,

Thanks for your response. However I need to translate the English questions into two local languages that are not available on the translate feature. Do you have any ideas on how this could be done?

Thanks,

Paul

1 Like

Hi @PSomwe

Yes, you can create a new locale that then enables your local languages to appear as a translation option.

Go to Maintenance app> then under the “Other” section, click on “Add Locale”.

You can then enter a local language or variation on a language that will then appear in the lists when selecting “translate”.

More information is also available in the documentation, simply search for “Locale”.

I hope this helps!

1 Like

Hi Terence,

Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,

Paul

1 Like