BulkLoad success upload but no TEIs visible

Dear Community,
I have been working with th bulkLoad to import TEIs and it’s been working fine. Yesterday I encountered a strange error, I was importing 7000 TEIs and the message I get is success but I don’t see anything imported in DHIS2. Using DHIS2 version 2.35.14 and BulkLoad version 3.20.
Will be happy to here from others and any support on the same is welcomed.

Where are you looking?

If you are looking at data through one of the analytical apps , be sure you have actually run analytics.

Regards,
Jason

Looking at the tracker list. you select the OrgUnit attached to the TEI a list is displayed with all the TEIs. this list is empty especially for the TEI imported. old imported TEIs are showing. I have run the analytics, maintenance to no avail. same response.

@SferaDev @ifoche could you please help with this please?

In that case you probably need to investigate the server logs and see if there was any error while importing.

Can you enter data through the stock user interface and see it?

Regards,
Jason

1 Like

@sosewe . Is there a way you could prepare a testing environment with the metadata and try to import a reduced spreadsheet with just a few of those records to test? If so, you could eventually give us a spreadsheet and credentials and we could see it ourselves.

As Jason properly explains, server logs could help, and also opening the development tools of your browser and checking the network could give you some ideas. If you can see there what is the response from DHIS2 to the calls that perform the import of the TEIs… that could help.

Finally, as a trick I oftenly use in Bulk Load. Sometimes copy-pasting between spreadsheets produce some format errors that are not easy to identify. When this happens, it is quite handy to download an empty template from Bulk Load and copy from the failing spreadsheet to the new one ensuring that you do a paste without format, to avoid overriding it. That way I have many times discovered that something I thought was ok, was actually not, and Bulk Load couldn’t read the spreadsheet properly due to that.

1 Like

Hello, @sosewe I can be the payload that you have imported, for TEIs to be visible make sure you import with their enrollments ( i.e register and enroll TEI into the program). for more detail, you can visit this docs under the section Create and enroll tracked entity instances
You can share the sample payload for easy guides from the community.

1 Like

Hi Folks,
apologies for taking long to respond and acknowledge the responses. I happy to report that the upload worked. I did a restart of the server run analytics and it just worked without doing anything extra. Thank you so much for the time and support provided in resolving this.

2 Likes