Automatic deletion of an account if inactive?

Hello everyone,

just a quick question. Is it possible to set a user account in a way that it is deleted automatically after some period of time if not used? Cannot find it and would be pretty useful.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Tomas

1 Like

Hi @tomasmatas,

Technically, we will not delete the user account in any application. This is because their id is internally linked with all data entry they did. So my advice is not to delete the user.

On the other hand, why do you want to delete the user from the system?

Regards

1 Like
  1. I want to delete users as they are no longer active in the system. What is is reason to keep them in?
  2. My users usually dont enter data. Even if they do its ok for me to remove their “finger prints” on the data entry part.
  3. I dont want to grow my list of users every year for no reason.

Cheers,

T.

1 Like

Hi @tomasmatas,

– DHIS2 does not have this feature at the moment - it’s something you can propose on the features you would like the team to incorporate on future builds - other community members will have to vote for it so that it can be prioritized.

I know you understand that in DHIS 2, almost all objects/tables might be linked to a user(s), so cleaning up all this is a complex task - we really don’t recommend if you are in doubt or unsure. You could simply disable the user instead of deleting.

Best,
James.

Thx James,

I will discuss it and propose as a feature.

If you want to keep your dhis2 clean, you need to clean=delete users too ideally together with the items they ever created. If it can be linked and deleted on one go, that would be fantastic!

Cheers,

T.

1 Like

I would immediately downvote this request because, to me, as a DBA, historical information, audit history and data integrity are most important than this feature.

@tomasmatas, for your case I would suggest creating a dummy user id and give this to all such users. This is the simple and best approach for the 3 issues you listed.

2 Likes