'Ask user to create new event...' no longer respects hiding of program stages

Hi Devs,

I’ve reported this as
DHIS2-2012
. Basically, when users are prompted to create a new event booking, they are now offered the next available program stage – even if it’s supposed to be hidden. This used to work correctly (ie hidden program stages were skipped, and the user was prompted to create a new event booking in the next available unhidden program stage), but seems to have stopped working in 2.27. (I haven’t had time to check whether the latest updates have also affected this in older versions of DHIS2.)

The hiding of program stages works well when users manually add a new event booking, it’s just the ‘Ask user to create new event…’ prompt that’s broken.

This has broken a Tracker program that we’ve developed, so I’d be very grateful if someone is able to take a quick look. (I’ve included full instructions in the Jira ticket for reproducing this issue on the Play demo.)

Many thanks,

Sam.

Hey Sam,
A fix is just checked in and a build is triggering for 2.27. Please have a look and see if your usecase is working better now.

Markus

···

7. aug. 2017 kl. 13.55 skrev Sam Johnson <samuel.johnson@qebo.co.uk>:

Hi Devs,

I’ve reported this as DHIS2-2012 <https://jira.dhis2.org/browse/DHIS2-2012&gt;\. Basically, when users are prompted to create a new event booking, they are now offered the next available program stage – even if it’s supposed to be hidden. This used to work correctly (ie hidden program stages were skipped, and the user was prompted to create a new event booking in the next available unhidden program stage), but seems to have stopped working in 2.27. (I haven’t had time to check whether the latest updates have also affected this in older versions of DHIS2.)

The hiding of program stages works well when users manually add a new event booking, it’s just the ‘Ask user to create new event…’ prompt that’s broken.

This has broken a Tracker program that we’ve developed, so I’d be very grateful if someone is able to take a quick look. (I’ve included full instructions in the Jira ticket for reproducing this issue on the Play demo.)

Many thanks,

Sam.

More help : ListHelp - Launchpad Help

Hi Markus,

Brilliant, many thanks for such a prompt response! I’ll update my instance later today, and let you know how I go.

Many thanks, Sam.

···

Date: Tuesday, 8 August 2017 at 14:10

To: Sam Johnson samuel.johnson@qebo.co.uk

Cc: DHIS2 Developers dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Subject: Re: [Dhis2-devs] ‘Ask user to create new event…’ no longer respects hiding of program stages

Hey Sam,

A fix is just checked in and a build is triggering for 2.27. Please have a look and see if your usecase is working better now.

Markus

1. aug. 2017 kl. 13.55 skrev Sam Johnson samuel.johnson@qebo.co.uk:

Hi Devs,

I’ve reported this as DHIS2-2012 . Basically, when users are prompted to create a new event booking, they are now offered the next available program stage – even if it’s supposed to be hidden. This used to work correctly (ie hidden program stages were skipped, and the user was prompted to create a new event booking in the next available unhidden program stage), but seems to have stopped working in 2.27. (I haven’t had time to check whether the latest updates have also affected this in older versions of DHIS2.)

Many thanks,

Sam.

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Hi Markus,

I’ve tested your new bug fixes, based on update e7ef0ca (2017-08-15), and the bug below (user is prompted to create events for hidden program stages) now seems to be fixed – many thanks. J Many thanks too for the other Tracker bug-fixes you’ve done over the past week or so, they’re a huge improvement!

However, a new and related bug seems to have crept in (perhaps as a typo during your bug-fix?): instead of the next program stage being prompted, the last program stage seems to be shown by default . Eg in the WHO RMNCH Tracker, if you complete the ‘First antenatal care visit’ stage, the next stage you should be prompted to book is ‘Antenatal care visit’, but the stage you are now prompted to book is ‘Care at birth’. (In line with your very efficient refactoring, this bug is consistent across both the automated ‘complete’ prompt and the plus/calendar buttons.)

This bug is a lot more serious than it sounds, as users are now very accustomed to just clicking ‘Save’ when prompted, so this could potentially result in a lot of data-entry errors. Is this something you might be able to quickly fix?

Many thanks,

Sam.

···

Date: Tuesday, 8 August 2017 at 14:28

To: Markus Bekken markus@dhis2.org

Cc: DHIS2 Developers dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net, “de la Torre, Cristina” Cristina.delaTorre@icf.com

Subject: Re: [Dhis2-devs] ‘Ask user to create new event…’ no longer respects hiding of program stages

Hi Markus,

Brilliant, many thanks for such a prompt response! I’ll update my instance later today, and let you know how I go.

Many thanks, Sam.

Date: Tuesday, 8 August 2017 at 14:10

To: Sam Johnson samuel.johnson@qebo.co.uk

Cc: DHIS2 Developers dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Hey Sam,

Markus

1. aug. 2017 kl. 13.55 skrev Sam Johnson samuel.johnson@qebo.co.uk:

Hi Devs,

I’ve reported this as DHIS2-2012 . Basically, when users are prompted to create a new event booking, they are now offered the next available program stage – even if it’s supposed to be hidden. This used to work correctly (ie hidden program stages were skipped, and the user was prompted to create a new event booking in the next available unhidden program stage), but seems to have stopped working in 2.27. (I haven’t had time to check whether the latest updates have also affected this in older versions of DHIS2.)

Many thanks,

Sam.

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp