Applying periods (weekly/monthly/yearly) to indicators

Hi team,

For an indicator calculated as below:
‘Percentage of Adolescent girls who have received at least 1 tablet’ = # of Adolescent girls who have receive at least one tablet / total number of adolescents

I set the period for this indicator as weekly in the data visualizer, and what happens is that, it calculates the indicator as:
# of Adolescent girls who have receive at least one tablet for that week / total number of adolescents created in that week’*.

My expectation is that for every week, ‘Percentage of Adolescent girls who have received at least 1 tablet’ will be equal to: # of Adolescent girls who have receive at least one tablet for that week / total number of existing adolescent girls. How can I achieve this?

1 Like

I think for this you might want to use a predictor that will output the result of the program indicator “total number of existing adolescent girls” to a data element, and then this data element can be used in your indicator as the denominator.

# of Adolescent girls who have receive at least one tablet for that week / Data element receiving output from predictor that sums the total number of existing adolescent girls in a year

You can read more about predictors Manage Predictors - Metadata - DHIS2 Documentation.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Clement
I am assuming that this is from aggregated data and not tracker data.
Adolescent female given 1 tablet = is a data element and the dataset time period is set to weekly.
The denominator is Adolescent female, and this a population based figure.
The indicator is Adolescent female given 1 tablet coverage weekly
Numerator: Adolescent female given 1 tablet
Denominator: Adolescent female population/52
Factor: Percentage
When setting up this indicator, it is not annualised, but weeklytised.
The value created is Adolescent female given 1 tablet of the annual adolescent female population divided by 52 - the weeks in a year
If you select a time period to show the aggregated data, then 1 month will show 4 week
Quarterly will add up the values for 12 weeks
I hope this makes sense to you
let me know if this works for you
Norah

1 Like

Hi all, apologies for the delayed response as I was out on the field.
Thanks for your response @Gassim
I still do not know how this would work out with Predictors.
I am saying so because in the end, I’ll still have to use the data element that stores the output of the predictor in the calculation, and the same period (weekly) will apply to the numerator and denominator in Data Visualiser.

As I mentioned earlier,

Blockquote
what happens is that, it calculates the indicator as:
# of Adolescent girls who have receive at least one tablet for that week / total number of adolescents created in that week ’*.
Blockquote

My goal is to be able to divide the weekly figure for number of adolescent girls who received at least on tablet by the total number of adolescents enrolled (not number enrolled in the week)

@Norah_Stoops
Thanks for response. This is actually tracker data.
And the total number of adolescent girls is calculated from the enrollment and not some kind of population data.

Is there a way to call the weekly figure for number of adolescent girls who received at least on tablet and divide it by the total number of enrolled adolescent girls?