Any suggestions for partner reporting in DHIS-2?

Dear All,

Thank you so much for your wonderful unending support. The above subject refers. I just want to say that we have been able to resolve this issue. It now works as supposed. The problem was due to indicators that consisted data elements that had been dissociated from datasets. All I did was to delete all these indicators and slight associations . I am really grateful for the help of every one. This DHIS family is so great and I have not come across such love for support and success anywhere else yet.

Special THANKS to Jason Pickering for so much support day in day out, I really appreciate you and also to Knut Staring, Morten Olav Hansen and Lars Helge Overland.

I am really greatful. as I look forward to meet you all someday.

Thank you.

Dayo

BlackBerry: 25EEBF5E
Phone: 08028851441, 08035560463
emails: deemoyes@yahoo.com, addyraph@yahoo.com
Yahoo IM: deemoyes
Facebook: pharael
twitter:pharaell

···

To: Dayo Adeyomoye deemoyes@yahoo.com
Cc: Lars Helge Øverland larshelge@gmail.com; “dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.netdhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 3:44 PM
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-users] Data Entry Page still not loading selected org unit

Hi

Is this related to our mobile DHIS 2 application, or to our normal browser application? Sorry, it was a bit hard to read, since you mention mobile 2.11.

Morten

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 5:36 PM, Dayo Adeyomoye deemoyes@yahoo.com wrote:

Hello all,

I am still having this issue I stated below. Can anyone help with this?

Regards

Adedayo

BlackBerry: 3114F90C

To:
Lars Helge Øverland larshelge@gmail.com

Cc:dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.netdhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Sent: Monday, April 8, 2013 12:46 PM

Hello all,

Can anyone help with this problem, it still persists. I also noticed that after upgrading to version 2.11, the mobile version 2.11 doesn’t have a place for URL after the username and password.

Any idea why?

Regards

deemoyes@yahoo.com
To: Lars Helge Øverland larshelge@gmail.com

Cc: Jason Pickering jason.p.pickering@gmail.com; “dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.netdhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Sent: Wednesday, April 3, 2013 7:25 AM

Yes please, I have assigned the users with the org. unit users module. It was working until lately.

Please find attched the screen shot/

Thank you

To: Dayo Adeyomoye deemoyes@yahoo.com

Cc: Jason Pickering jason.p.pickering@gmail.com; “dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.netdhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Sent: Tuesday, April
2, 2013 4:17 PM

Hi Dayo,

have you assigned your user with an organisation unit in users module? Can you please start a new thread and provide some more info about your problem?

regards, Lars

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 11:14 AM, Dayo Adeyomoye deemoyes@yahoo.com wrote:

Hello,

Can anyone help yet? My data entry page is still not loading selected org units, its assigned datasets and periods.

This loads in the Mobile and Smartphone modules. I also noticed that the mobile client now says invalid username and password even on the phone that hasbeen tested and trusted before.

Thank you

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Hi Lars,

We’ve completed this exercise of moving this system back to the aggregate data entry system thanks to your advice, but have come across an issue on the output side:

Dataset: FHI

District: Bugasera

···

Type of MARPs

FSW

MSM

TD

Fishermen

PwD

1. People reached by peer educators

2. Contacts with people where interpersonal communication was provided

3. People who received condoms

Columns are actually category option combos: (FSW ,FHI), (MSM, FHI), (TD, FHI), (Fishermen,FHI),(PwD,FHI))

In version 2.12 we now can select details to display category option combos (for example (FSW,FHI); (fishermen,FHI)) in the data visualizer, but it doesn’t work in the pivot table module yet L and there doesn’t appear to be a way to break out an individual category (eg. All Fishermen or all FSW, regardless of partner). I’ve had to create a custom query that parses out the two halves of the category combination field that we can then use for Excel Pivot table analysis.

SELECT

_categoryoptioncomboname.categoryoptioncomboname,

à don’t parse out default category options, but for others make string upto comma beneficiary

case when _categoryoptioncomboname.categoryoptioncomboname <> ‘(default)’ then

substring(_categoryoptioncomboname.categoryoptioncomboname from 2 for (position(',' in _categoryoptioncomboname.categoryoptioncomboname)-2))

else

_categoryoptioncomboname.categoryoptioncomboname

end as beneficiary,

à don’t parse out default category options, but for others make string after comma partner

substring(trim(_categoryoptioncomboname.categoryoptioncomboname) from position(',' in _categoryoptioncomboname.categoryoptioncomboname)+2 for

position(')' in _categoryoptioncomboname.categoryoptioncomboname)-position(',' in _categoryoptioncomboname.categoryoptioncomboname)-2)

else

end as partner,

dataelement.name as dataelementname,

aggregateddatavalue.organisationunitid,

organisationunit.name as orgunitname,

period.startdate,

aggregateddatavalue.level,

aggregateddatavalue.periodtypeid,

aggregateddatavalue.value

FROM

public.dataelement,

public.aggregateddatavalue,

public.period,

public.organisationunit,

public._categoryoptioncomboname

WHERE

aggregateddatavalue.dataelementid = dataelement.dataelementid AND

aggregateddatavalue.categoryoptioncomboid = _categoryoptioncomboname.categoryoptioncomboid AND

aggregateddatavalue.organisationunitid = organisationunit.organisationunitid AND

aggregateddatavalue.periodid = period.periodid

and aggregateddatavalue.level = 3

and aggregateddatavalue.periodtypeid= 4

and aggregateddatavalue.dataelementid in

(SELECT

dataelementid

FROM

public._dataelementgroupsetstructure where thematic_area=‘MARPS’);

ALTER TABLE _view_healthfacilityhierarchy OWNER TO dhis;

Do you have any other suggestions?

Randy

Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2013 7:51 PM

To: Wilson,Randy

Cc: dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Subject: Re: [Dhis2-users] Any suggestions for partner reporting in DHIS-2?

Hi Randy,

on this issue there are lots of opinions - my recommendation would be to stick to the aggregate part of the system and leave out the individual records module. This is routine data captured at a fixed interval so capturing it as events might become messy over time.

My suggestion on how to solve this would be to use categories - you could:

• set up a category and category combination called “Partners”.

• category options for each partner like “FHI” and “ACCESS”.

• create data elements for each service and assign them to the partner category combination.

• create one data set per partner (e.g. “HIV counselling FHI”).

• for each data set you create a custom form, and insert the data element + category option combinations for input fields accordingly.

• you create user roles for each partner.

• you assign the partner data sets to the corresponding partner user roles.

• you assign users for each partner to the corresponding user roles.

• you assign data sets (for partners) to facilities according to where the partners operate.

The partners can then select their data set when entering data, without having to worry about “who they are”. There are no extra org units to maintain and the partners cannot mix up data sets when entering data.

One drawback is that you have to create those extra custom forms, but since you have a “very simple list of services” this might be affordable.

regards,

Lars

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 1:02 PM, Wilson,Randy rwilson@msh.org wrote:

Hi all,

Our HIV team works with civil society organizations and local partners to track a very simple list of services provided to persons living with HIV/Aids.

The data elements themselves are all numeric so it would be easy to do in a regular data set, except that partners don’t fit well in the reporting hierarchy which goes from Province → district → sub-district → sector → health facility.

Data entered are total numbers per district per partner.

For example, a partner (FHI) might work in several districts, so there would be more than one FHI report for a given period.

District

Partner

Period

Dataelement

Datavalue

Rwamagana

FHI

Feb-13

of PLWHA mutuelle payments made

Gicumbi

FHI

Feb-13

Huye

ACCESS

Feb-13

Gicumbi

ACCESS

Feb-13

I’ve thought of creating a separate partner’s table and entering a partner numeric code as one of the fields that could called up in a special report, but referential integrity rules won’t let me enter more than one data value record per period per district.

We can create the report using the Single Event Without Registration feature in Individual Records, using an Option set to maintain the list of partners, but unfortunately we can’t seem to use any of this data in the dashboard, data visualizer, maps or standard reports.

If Single Event Without Registration is the only way to enter the data, would it not be possible to expose the dataelements for use with the standard reporting tools?

I remember Jason had to develop this sort of relationship for some work he did in Zambia but I’m not sure if it is documented somewhere.

Thanks,

Randy

Hi Randy,

In the Pivot Tables your categories will appear as dimensions in the left side menu, given that the category has the option “Use as data dimension” enabled (and you run analytics again after enabling that option). This gives you a lot of flexibility in terms of how you want to aggregate and display your data.

You could e.g. put the “Partner” category in the filter position of your table (in Layout). Then select one or more partners in the left side menu for the “Partners” category (dimension), e.g.“FHI”.

You could put your second category with the target groups reached (fishermen etc.) (not sure what you call that category) on the column position and select all its options.

If you then select all the data elements you need and put the Data dimension on rows, then the table should look like the one in your email.

Let me know if that works.

Ola

···

Ola Hodne Titlestad (Mr)
HISP

Department of Informatics
University of Oslo

Mobile: +47 48069736
Home address: Eftasåsen 68, 0687 Oslo, Norway. Googlemaps link

On 30 July 2013 09:50, Wilson,Randy rwilson@msh.org wrote:

Hi Lars,

We’ve completed this exercise of moving this system back to the aggregate data entry system thanks to your advice, but have come across an issue on the output side:

Type of MARPs

FSW

MSM

TD

Fishermen

PwD

1. Contacts with people where interpersonal communication was provided
  1. People who received condoms

Columns are actually category option combos: (FSW ,FHI), (MSM, FHI), (TD, FHI), (Fishermen,FHI),(PwD,FHI))

In version 2.12 we now can select details to display category option combos (for example (FSW,FHI); (fishermen,FHI)) in the data visualizer, but it doesn’t work in the pivot table module yet L and there doesn’t appear to be a way to break out an individual category (eg. All Fishermen or all FSW, regardless of partner). I’ve had to create a custom query that parses out the two halves of the category combination field that we can then use for Excel Pivot table analysis.

SELECT

à don’t parse out default category options, but for others make string upto comma beneficiary

substring(_categoryoptioncomboname.categoryoptioncomboname from 2 for (position(',' in _categoryoptioncomboname.categoryoptioncomboname)-2))
            else
            end as beneficiary,

à don’t parse out default category options, but for others make string after comma partner

substring(trim(_categoryoptioncomboname.categoryoptioncomboname) from position(',' in _categoryoptioncomboname.categoryoptioncomboname)+2 for
            position(')' in _categoryoptioncomboname.categoryoptioncomboname)-position(',' in _categoryoptioncomboname.categoryoptioncomboname)-2)
            else
            end as partner,

period.startdate,

FROM

public.dataelement,

public.period,

public.organisationunit,

WHERE

aggregateddatavalue.categoryoptioncomboid = _categoryoptioncomboname.categoryoptioncomboid AND

aggregateddatavalue.organisationunitid = organisationunit.organisationunitid AND

(SELECT

dataelementid

FROM

Randy

Hi Randy,

on this issue there are lots of opinions - my recommendation would be to stick to the aggregate part of the system and leave out the individual records module. This is routine data captured at a fixed interval so capturing it as events might become messy over time.

• create data elements for each service and assign them to the partner category combination.
  • for each data set you create a custom form, and insert the data element + category option combinations for input fields accordingly.
  • you assign data sets (for partners) to facilities according to where the partners operate.

The partners can then select their data set when entering data, without having to worry about “who they are”. There are no extra org units to maintain and the partners cannot mix up data sets when entering data.

One drawback is that you have to create those extra custom forms, but since you have a “very simple list of services” this might be affordable.

regards,

Lars

Hi all,

Our HIV team works with civil society organizations and local partners to track a very simple list of services provided to persons living with HIV/Aids.

The data elements themselves are all numeric so it would be easy to do in a regular data set, except that partners don’t fit well in the reporting hierarchy which goes from Province → district → sub-district → sector → health facility.

For example, a partner (FHI) might work in several districts, so there would be more than one FHI report for a given period.

District

Partner

Period

Dataelement

Datavalue

Rwamagana

FHI

Feb-13

Gicumbi

FHI

Feb-13

Huye

ACCESS

Feb-13

Gicumbi

ACCESS

Feb-13

I’ve thought of creating a separate partner’s table and entering a partner numeric code as one of the fields that could called up in a special report, but referential integrity rules won’t let me enter more than one data value record per period per district.

We can create the report using the Single Event Without Registration feature in Individual Records, using an Option set to maintain the list of partners, but unfortunately we can’t seem to use any of this data in the dashboard, data visualizer, maps or standard reports.

If Single Event Without Registration is the only way to enter the data, would it not be possible to expose the dataelements for use with the standard reporting tools?

I remember Jason had to develop this sort of relationship for some work he did in Zambia but I’m not sure if it is documented somewhere.

Thanks,

Randy

Hi Ola,

I see the categories on the left side menu – they were already checked with the “Use as data dimension”

Unfortunately when I add the any of the records from either of the dimensions (MARPS categories or MARPS Partners) and press update in the Pivot table, I get the no values message.

I get a table with the values by organization unit period if I restrict my choice to those.

Is there a way to see if these values were correctly created in the analytics tables?

Randy

···

In the Pivot Tables your categories will appear as dimensions in the left side menu, given that the category has the option “Use as data dimension” enabled (and you run analytics again after enabling that option). This gives you a lot of flexibility in terms of how you want to aggregate and display your data.

You could e.g. put the “Partner” category in the filter position of your table (in Layout). Then select one or more partners in the left side menu for the “Partners” category (dimension), e.g.“FHI”.

You could put your second category with the target groups reached (fishermen etc.) (not sure what you call that category) on the column position and select all its options.

If you then select all the data elements you need and put the Data dimension on rows, then the table should look like the one in your email.

Ola

Ola Hodne Titlestad (Mr)

HISP

University of Oslo

Home address: Eftasåsen 68, 0687 Oslo, Norway.
Googlemaps link

Hi Lars,

Type of MARPs

FSW

MSM

TD

Fishermen

PwD

2. Contacts with people where interpersonal communication was provided

3. People who received condoms

SELECT

else

end as beneficiary,

else

end as partner,

period.startdate,

FROM

public.dataelement,

public.period,

public.organisationunit,

WHERE

(SELECT

dataelementid

FROM

Randy

Hi Randy,

regards,

Lars

Hi all,

District

Partner

Period

Dataelement

Datavalue

Rwamagana

FHI

Feb-13

Gicumbi

FHI

Feb-13

Huye

ACCESS

Feb-13

Gicumbi

ACCESS

Feb-13

Thanks,

Randy

Hi Ola,

I see the categories on the left side menu – they were already checked with the “Use as data dimension”

Unfortunately when I add the any of the records from either of the dimensions (MARPS categories or MARPS Partners ) and press update in the Pivot table, I get the no values message.

OK.

I get a table with the values by organization unit period if I restrict my choice to those.

You mean with data element totals without any category details?

Is there a way to see if these values were correctly created in the analytics tables?

You can try to look for rows in e.g. the table analytics_2013 with de = ‘’ and see if the data there make sense.

MARPS categories or MARPS Partners (your categories) will have a column each in the analytics table. Look up the uids of these two categories (in dataelementcategory) and look for column names with these uids (the uid value is the column name). The row values of these category columns are uids of the categoryoptions (can be looked up in dataelementcategoryoption).

So a bit of mapping to do, but you should be able to see what is there.

If these two category columns are missing or have no values at all, then there is something wrong.

If you haven’t done it already I would also try some more trouble shooting in the pivot tables trying each of these categories alone with 1 or more values selected, for 2013 and Rwanda to see if there is any data at all. Also try to use the categories as filter.

You can also try the same thing in Data Visualizer. The categories are available as dimensions there as well.

Ola

···

On 30 July 2013 12:44, Wilson,Randy rwilson@msh.org wrote:

Randy

From: olatitle@gmail.com [mailto:olatitle@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Ola Hodne Titlestad

Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 11:26 AM

Cc: Lars Helge Øverland; dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Hi Randy,

Ola

Ola Hodne Titlestad (Mr)

HISP

University of Oslo

Home address: Eftasåsen 68, 0687 Oslo, Norway.
Googlemaps link

Hi Lars,

Type of MARPs

FSW

MSM

TD

Fishermen

PwD

1. Contacts with people where interpersonal communication was provided
  1. People who received condoms

SELECT

else
            end as beneficiary,

else
            end as partner,

period.startdate,

FROM

public.dataelement,

public.period,

public.organisationunit,

WHERE

(SELECT

dataelementid

FROM

Randy

Hi Randy,

regards,

Lars

Hi all,

District

Partner

Period

Dataelement

Datavalue

Rwamagana

FHI

Feb-13

Gicumbi

FHI

Feb-13

Huye

ACCESS

Feb-13

Gicumbi

ACCESS

Feb-13

Thanks,

Randy