Android Settings App : Cannot set to 0 for download sync settings

Hello @dhis2-android experts

It seems we cannot set 0 for download sync settings. Once we set 0 and save, it doesn’t get saved. It expects atleast 1 or a bigger value than 1. Is this a bug or feature.

I understand we can override and work-around with program specific setting to 0 but was wondering why can’t we put 0 globaly as well.

2 Likes

This is interesting, so it seems like you want to disable access from the android app? How’s sync supposed to work if it’s set to 0?

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks Gassim, yes It will mean No syncing of events from Server to Android Device, this will be helpful for us to avoid downloads, if we keep it 1, one random event gets downloaded which creates confusion.

Individual Program settings do allow 0 but Global setting is not allowing. I feel it’s a potential bug?

1 Like

Hi, @jthomas Thanks for bringing this up. I tested it, and it seems like a bug; we will fix it and add it to our next version.

3 Likes

Great @milagros Very helpful to get this fixed

1 Like

Many thanks for the quick response and diagnosis @milagros. Can you please share the jira issue? It will facilitate follow up to @jthomas

2 Likes

Hi @marta,
I think this is the Jira issue:
https://dhis2.atlassian.net/browse/DHIS2-15004

2 Likes

thanks @Gassim !!

2 Likes