Android Event Capture App for v2.21

Good afternoon again DHIS2 ‘ers …

Can someone provide me some clarity (or point me in the direction of who to speak to) with regards to the Android Event Capture App. We would like to perhaps look at some enhancements to it … though want to understand what’s on the development path for the existing App.

Clarification/Questions:

• We have ‘users’ set up with different language profiles in DHIS2 (Ukrainian, Russian and English) … yet whenever any of these users log into their Android App, the data entry screens, data element names, section names, and option lists are all in the base database language for the site (i.e. none of the translations are showing).
  • Is this normal behaviour?
  • If not, is there going to be any activity to ‘reflect’ the user profile translation choices into what gets seen in the App?
  • Is there going to be (or could there be) under the ’settings’ window on the Android App, the ability to change the interface locale (just wondering if this is a better place to do it)
  • Without getting under-the-hood, what get’s passed back/stored internally for tracker data-elements with option-set drop downs … the ’text’ of the option, or the internal UID for the item? Just wondering,
  • If we notice some bugs, or enhancement possibilities, do we pass those ideas through to the development team, or create our own stand-alone enhancements?
    And seasons best wishes everybody.

David

Dear David,

1. the language support has unfortunately not yet been implemented, so this is at the moment normal behaviour, although it is on the agenda.

2. If you find issues or have inputs for enhancements we appreciate if you pass the ideas to us, but of course if you want to make enhancements on your own and try to merge it into the core then that’s also possible.

Regards,

Simen

···

On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 2:59 PM, David Hagan david.hagan@sagehagan.com wrote:

Can someone provide me some clarity (or point me in the direction of who to speak to) with regards to the Android Event Capture App. We would like to perhaps look at some enhancements to it … though want to understand what’s on the development path for the existing App.

Clarification/Questions:

• We have ‘users’ set up with different language profiles in DHIS2 (Ukrainian, Russian and English) … yet whenever any of these users log into their Android App, the data entry screens, data element names, section names, and option lists are all in the base database language for the site (i.e. none of the translations are showing).
  • If not, is there going to be any activity to ‘reflect’ the user profile translation choices into what gets seen in the App?
  • Is there going to be (or could there be) under the ’settings’ window on the Android App, the ability to change the interface locale (just wondering if this is a better place to do it)
  • Without getting under-the-hood, what get’s passed back/stored internally for tracker data-elements with option-set drop downs … the ’text’ of the option, or the internal UID for the item? Just wondering,
  • If we notice some bugs, or enhancement possibilities, do we pass those ideas through to the development team, or create our own stand-alone enhancements?

David

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Thanks Simen,

Only just spotted your reply …

And yes, we have a number of enhancements/suggestions to feed back to you … which I’ll write up this week and see if they are viable/make sense.

I understand there is a re-factored version of the Event Capture and Tacker Capture apps coming out as well … so will need to test those ones as our new baseline.

David

···

On 6 January 2016 at 18:21, Simen Skogly Russnes simen.s.russnes@gmail.com wrote:

Dear David,

1. the language support has unfortunately not yet been implemented, so this is at the moment normal behaviour, although it is on the agenda.
  1. If you find issues or have inputs for enhancements we appreciate if you pass the ideas to us, but of course if you want to make enhancements on your own and try to merge it into the core then that’s also possible.

Regards,

Simen

On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 2:59 PM, David Hagan david.hagan@sagehagan.com wrote:

Clarification/Questions:

David

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp