Andoid Capture App Compatibility with Version 2.38

Dear COP,

Is the Android Capture App compatible with DHIS2 version 2.38.1.1? I recently deployed a server running the latest DHIS2 version, today one program wanted to start using tablets for data collection but for some reason, the option to add events is not showing up. The User can view all events entered from the web version but cant add new events. What could be the problem here?

Thank you

1 Like

Hi @WaluQ

Thank you for your report.

Is this a tracker or event program?
In any case, please check the sharing settings of the programs and stages. The user must have the “can capture and view” to be able to capture data.

1 Like

Hi @nancyesp this is for an Event Program. Users are able to collect data using the Web DHIS2 App, but the option to add events is missing on the Android App.

1 Like

Hi @WaluQ,

Thanks for the clarification. As I was mentioning in my last post, the “create” button will only be hidden if the stage or program is not properly shared.

If possible, please share the device specifications in case this is an issue related to the device.

Thank you.

2 Likes

The Tablets are mostly Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 T819 LTE
PROCESSOR: Qualcomm Snapdragon.
RAM: 3GB.
STORAGE: 32GB ROM with microSD card slot up to 128GB TF Card.
DISPLAY: 9.7 inches Super AMOLED.
CAMERA: 8 Megapixel | 2.1 Megapixel.

And the Sharing Settings:

Hi @WaluQ

Please make sure that you have applied the proper permissions to the single program stage as @nancyesp was mentioning. You might be having different permissions which is usually indicated with a warnings sign:

Also, remember that i you have made a configuration change in the server you need to perform a metadata / configuration sync in your Android device to see those changes.

The permissions don’t seem to give any warning at all.

Is there a chance you could share credentials via PM so we can investigate?

Sure, let me do so.

Replied in PM

Thank you very much @jaime.bosque, the issue is resolved.

For transparency reasons and for the rest of the Community to be aware, there seems to be an issue (still not being able to reproduce) that hid the NEXT button unless the OU was reentered. I have created the following issue in JIRA: [ANDROAPP-4951] - Jira

2 Likes