Analytics and Indicators based on "Yes Only" Data Elements

Dear all,

I am working on the analytics api to get some indicators values, some of them based on arithmetic combinations of ‘Yes Only’ Data Elements values. I would need your advice in:

1. Looks like to get dataelements or indicators through the analytics api we need to run the analytics table update first when I was expected to get and calculate the values of the indicators on the fly (not sure but I think that I have read something in the DHIS dev list about that). So when do we need to run the analytics table? (In every case?) One of the main points to me for using the api is just to return the calculated values of indicators without running datamarts or analytics tables. Is not it possible?

2. I have defined some indicators with a formula based on arithmetic combinations of ‘Yes Only’ Data Elements values. When I try to get these dataelements and indicators using Pivot tables or Analytics api, the system always returns 0 or the message ‘No values found’. It works good with other type of DataElements. Is it a bug in the system, or may I missing something?

Thank you very much

Best regards

Jose