An event report analytics needed on relationship

Hi there,

I am looking for the assistance how can I generate an event report on existing relationship? For example I have a patient-mother, and the patient-kid. I want to generate an event report, where a user can see the unique ID, name, surname of the mother and related kid(s).
Is it possible to get such report?

Thank you.
Regards,

Ulanbek

Hello @Ulanbek

Yes, it is possible to generate an event report in DHIS2 (District Health Information System 2) that includes information about existing relationships between entities. DHIS2 is a robust health information management system that allows for data collection, analysis, and reporting.

To generate an event report that includes information about the patient-mother relationship and related kid(s) in DHIS2, you would typically follow these steps:

1. Set up the necessary data elements: Ensure that you have the appropriate data elements configured in DHIS2 to capture the required information, such as unique ID, name, surname of the mother, and related kid(s). You may need to create custom data elements or use existing ones depending on your data model.

2. Define relationships: DHIS2 allows you to define relationships between entities. In your case, you would need to define a relationship type to represent the “patient-mother” relationship. You can set up a relationship type called “Mother-Child” or similar. This relationship should link the mother and the child entities.

3. Capture data: Enter the relevant data into the DHIS2 system. This would involve creating patient records and linking the mother and child entities using the defined relationship type.

4. Configure the event report: In DHIS2, you can create custom reports using the built-in report design functionality. Configure a new event report and define the report parameters, such as the columns to display and any filters or groupings required.

5. Include relationship data: In the report design, include the data elements related to the mother and child entities. You can use the relationship type you defined earlier to access the related information. For example, you can display the unique ID, name, and surname of the mother and related kid(s) in the report.

6. Generate and view the report: Once the event report is configured, you can generate the report based on the defined parameters. This will produce the report output that includes the desired information about the mother and related kid(s).

DHIS2 provides a flexible reporting framework, and the exact steps to configure the event report may vary depending on your specific DHIS2 implementation and configuration. Please let s know if you need any further guidance.

Moses

1 Like

Dear @moses_mwale,

Thank you for your detailed reply.

Actually I was looking to build an event report which can be done directly by the events report app or data visualiser.
Yes, I can develop custom report, but it will be the last thing what I need to do. The main purpose use as much standard provided app’s reports as possible.

Regards,

Ulanbek

1 Like

Hi @Ulanbek, relationships will not be added to the linelisting app until the 42 release which is currently planned for May 2025. I appreciate that this is probably further away from what you probably would have preferred, but for the 41 release we’ve had to prioritize cross-program TEI line lists, performance improvements, and dashboard improvements.

2 Likes

Hi @Scott

Thank you for the clarifications. I know the development process is not as fast as we can expect. Actually this report will be beneficial not only to see the relationships, but also to compare side by side some patient details, if the data can be downloaded all together in one line.

Also would be great to extend dhis2 object with the additional details for the Standard and DataSet Reports. Currently dhis2 object for the Standard report has keys: report, period,util, common. The last two objects has no documentation on how to utilise it.

For the DataSet report: commons, period and util keys. Sometimes there are need to get which OU and period has been selected for report, and use those information during the custom defined report.

And I believe will be beneficial if we could add some default report parameters so the Standard/dataSet reports could be generated and placed on the dashboards.

Thank you @Scott

Regards,
Ulanbek

1 Like