Addition in (Actions that is executed when expression is true)

Dear Markus and team,

Some of the other common logical checks in use in addition to Hide and error… are:-

1. Tab order - entry order: Instead of hiding so many data elements, there are time when you need to skip to a particular field in the form. Say if Visit = “No” go to Field X

2. Assign a given value in a given field: Say if Visit=‘Yes’ assign Number of visits = 1

Can these be added?

Regards

···

Prosper Behumbiize, MPH
Global HISP| University Of Oslo/HISP Uganda
+256 752 751 776 | +256 776 139 139

ptb3000@gmail.com | prosper@dhis2.org | Skype: prospertb

Thank you Prosper,

Your point 1 below is interesting, but I think I need a bit more input and discussion on this one. Do you see it as different “Tracks” through the data entry, so based on one question you would want to change the order of the remaining dataelements? I think the tabbing order should generally follow the order of which the fields is displayed in data entry. Seeing your comment, I started thinking about the possibility to show links, so the user might jump to a different section by clicking an anchor link.

Your point 2 below is halfway implemented actually. When it is finished you would be able to make a program rule that has an expression #{visit}=‘Yes’ and then an action to assign a dataelement value to another expression, in your case just the number 1 - but this second expression could also be a more complex calculation. I am working on this, but it might go in 2.21.

Best regards,

Markus

···

Prosper Behumbiize, MPH
Global HISP| University Of Oslo/HISP Uganda
+256 752 751 776 | +256 776 139 139

ptb3000@gmail.com | prosper@dhis2.org | Skype: prospertb