2.31 war file set-up issue

@linxd I reproduced your incorrect configuration names and confirmed my assumptions. v2.31.1 does not startup due to the postgis check which will naturally fail in h2 database. v2.29 “appears” to successfully start (but it is not). v2.29 also starts up on an h2 database and if you try to access any endpoint on that instance it will not work.

Simply correct the configuration names as mentioned in the sample reference above. It will work now. :slight_smile:

Do let us know how it goes.

1 Like

I don’t know when the configure para was changed. all come from the sample file.

with same conf file , 2.29 can work with postgresql .

2 Likes

It’s true for removing hibernation. in conf file that make dhis 2.31 work, but the old one also can make 2.29 work.

2 Likes

@linxd 2.29 also will not work with your old conf. i confirmed it. 2.29 will only “appear to startup”, the logs does not show any errors or visible startup issue. But its not connecting to postgres.

To confirm whether it is working, after deploying the application, access the dhis2 instance and login using valid credentials. If you are able to see the login page and login correctly, only then it is considered working.

1 Like

@linxd The configuration parameters were never changed for a long time. Even for 2.25 it was the correct one. See Home - DHIS2 Documentation.

Where exactly did you get the incorrect ones? Which sample file? I suspect you may have referred to this file dhis2-core/dhis-2/dhis-support/dhis-support-hibernate/src/main/resources/hibernate-default.properties at 2.31 · dhis2/dhis2-core · GitHub . This file content is not to be used as dhis.conf.

1 Like

Thank you very much

2 Likes