2.29 Scheduler Failure

Hi All,
I have had a concern about the scheduler module. The cronjobs I set up using this scheduler fail always. I have repeatedly tried automating the running of analytics using this feature with no success. I am curious to know if any of us has experienced the issue.

2 Likes

Hi @KMurumba,

You are right. I have tried running the Analytics for two times a day and the cronjob failed. Then I tried for every hour, it failed. The only schedule that works is the predefined midnight schedule.

I wanted to raise the issue here in CoP but forgot. Thanks for sharing and raising it.

Regards

MSP

2 Likes

Hi @KMurumba and @MSP ,

Our team from @dhis2-analytics will have a look at this and advise.

Best,
James.

2 Likes

Morning @jomutsani. I am just following up on this issue we raised together with @MSP. Was the @dhis2-analytics able to sort the issue? Can we change the war file? I tried the same on the demo server but the problem still exists.

2 Likes

Hi @KMurumba,

I’m following up on this too… Seen on JIRA - most fixes done by @David_Katuscak and team. kindly be patient as we look into this.

Best,
James.

1 Like

Thanks @jomutsani. I can see that we have the issue sorted in the 2.30. I am looking forward for the fixes.

2 Likes

Hi @KMurumba and @MSP - I would recommend you move to Version 2.30 upwards to optimize on the system’s ability plus enjoy the new features and fixes incorporated on the newer versions.

Best,
James.

1 Like

@jomutsani at time upgrading the version is messy and need to be well planned. I got a workaround.

So this is how I managed to run analytics via API and even set a cron job for it:

00 */12 * * * curl -X POST -u username:password https://example.com/api/29/resourceTables/analytics

The cron job runs twice a day, after every twelve hours.

2 Likes